cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCreate Business System (ABAP AS) with the same name ? is this safe ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently, I got problem with the business system (ABAP AS) in SLD suddently the BS type changed to Third Party after did some migration on the respective System.

The original ABAP system has been deleted and replace by new installed system with different client. So I am trying to change the client in SLD but I found that all technical system information missing in Business System. When I tried to choose the new technical system i only can see third party technical system (Meaning this BS has changed type to Thirdpart) Strange but it happen.

So i am planning to delete and recreate the Business System. is this correct and safe approach ? does it impact on the current scenarion ?

This is DEV system. We are using centralize SLD in PI Production Server.

Please advise

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually no problem. In SLD just delete and recreate Technical and Business System.

In Directory delete the BS, you should get a long list of warnings (because the system is linked to certain objects). Do NOT activate your changelist before assigned the new BS. The new BS must have the same name, of course.

Regards,

Udo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In Directory delete the BS, you should get a long list of warnings (because the system is linked to certain objects).

You think it is necessary?

I have deleted a and recreated a business system recently, due to some SLD inconstistence, I did not touch business system in Directory.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

i think yes,

Fernad wrote:

>The original ABAP system has been deleted and replace by new installed system with different client.

So at least the entry for the client is wrong i IB Directory -> that should lead to an identification error (PI cannot identify the SAP sender). Additional the logical system name might be wrong (contains usually the client). Any IDoc to the SAP system should fail with status 56.

Anyway it is not a big deal (one minute) to delete and reassign the BS.

Regards,

Udo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So at least the entry for the client is wrong i IB Directory -> that should lead to an identification error (PI cannot identify the SAP sender). Additional the logical system name might be wrong (contains usually the client). Any IDoc to the SAP system should fail with status 56.

Hi Udo,

it is suffient to do following steps:

- clear SLD cache

- enter business system in edit mode

- choose "adapter specific identifiers" from menu

- click "compare with SLD"

- apply, save, activate

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/42/f3d027074e1bcae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

I had a mismatch in logical system name due to a system copy, so I just did that steps and it worked.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

ok, sufficient, if you only want to change the logical system name. But if the system's identity (System ID or client) changes, are you able to adapt that in IB Directory? As far as i remember arnt these fields changeable.

Regards,

Udo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

the logical system is not changeable neither.

I have not tried to change the client so far, but I am almost sure, it will work.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan and Udo

Thank you very much for your response. It works for me now.

I have deleted and recreated again the BS in SLD, login to configuration, and refresh the adapter specific.

my last question before i am closing the forum. Since this is Development Environment is it necessary to transport after activated the BS (after adapter fresh) ? or just iqnore the object after activated.

At the moment i didn't because in the production the BS also will be converted to ECP BS by CTS+ during the transport.

would appreciate for you feedback.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Edited by: Fernad Lesmana on Jan 28, 2011 8:37 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have already mentioned, the dev BS is not part of prod ID.

So there is no need to transport it individually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Stefan.

I just close the changes without transport.

Best Regards

Fernand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So i am planning to delete and recreate the Business System. is this correct and safe approach ? does it impact on the current scenarion ?

Yes, this is safe. Delete it and create it new.

After creating it, you verify and update the "adapterspecific identifiers" from Business system in ID.