cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM quanities in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created the POS & PA for using BOMs successfully and created a PPM to test.

My problem is I'm unsure where the quantities should be entered in the PPM. Initially I created the PPM with one output product and three input products (all requiring one unit). Now I want to change one of the input products so it requires two units to make the finished product.

Is the Var. Consumption the correct field for the unit quantity in the PPM acitivity?

I have updated this already.

How do I update this to change the dependant demand in DP?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally the changes should be made in R3 BOM and Ciffed across to update PPDS PPM in APO. However SAP does allow direct changes to PPM on the APO side as well.

The variable consumption field in the PPM should satisfy your requirement. Make the changes to qty in this field, then ensure that the PPDS plan is activated. In case you want to check the dep demand in PB over a longer horizon, generate SNP PPM as well using the std SAP 310 job.(with or without lots)

Dep demand should then be reflected in your DP Planning Book.

Rgds,

Rishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi.

What you have described is for the production BOMs. My need is more to transfer the "sales BOMs" to APO, specifically DP.

I'm trying to avoid the need for resources.

What is the best process to transfer a sales BOM from R3 to SCM (7.0) and create the dependant demand. I'd like to avoid setting up the PPM's manually (and continual maintenance) but if this is the only option, then it has to be.

Has anyone had a similar requirement with sales BOMs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi

I've worked this out. Needed to delete the CVC for the BOM, change the PPM and then add the CVC back again for the changed quantity in the variable consumtion field.

I am trying to set this up in our Dev environment to move to production. But i haven't had much luck trying to CIF the information to create the PPM in APO.

Can you idnetify what fields are required in the integration model to allow this data into APO.

Are there any other set up prerequisites that need to be done?

Our integration models are only set up for product, location and quantity.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

Assuming that your Product and Location IMods are set up fine, you will need the following additional steps to CIF across an R3 BOM and Routing to create a PPDS PPM. I'm assuming your are configuring an inhouse procurement scenario:-

1. Create an IMOD to CIF across Resources to be used in the PPM.

2. Create an IMOD to CIF across the PPM. You will need to mention the matrl, plant and production version in the selection conditions. Ensure that the resources IMOD is run before the PPM IMOD. Alternatively you can create a single IMOD for both resources and PPM. In that case SAP should take care of the sequence.

3. Once your PPDS PPM is in place in APO, you can generate the SNP PPM by using the std SAP 310 job-(with or without lot sizes)

~Rishi