cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to define and use a distribution key in PS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Although our client is not using PP, I would like to know if it is possible to define and use a distribution key in PS.

We plan the requirement resources for this project, including the components for each activity and create reservation for networks. In the General data tab I can see a distribution field. This MRP distribution key is used in Repetitive Manufacturing. Depending on context, this is the distribution key for output or the distribution key for component usage.

A decir lo que queremos hacer, aqu? tienes un ejemplo

The client is a construction company.

In the activity for ceramic installation in 437 buildings (6999 apartments) 443.555 M2 of ceramic are required. (1.015 m2 per building).

Suppose the start date of the activity is April 11, 2011 but we need to start the material consumption 15 days before the start of the activity (I used an offset of -15 days); means, the requirement date in the reservation is on March 24, 2011

Of course, they do not buy all of this quantity on March. We want to distribute the total requirement quantity according to the crew performance.

Let's say the crew can install 12 apartments per day. Each building has 16 apartments and the material consumption rate is estimated at 568.66 m2 day.

What we expect when running the MRP, is distribute the ceramic 568,66 M2 per day and create the first purchase requisition for 17.059 M2. with a requirement date March 24, 2011.

For sure it is also necessary set the MRP data for the material. In this case I have been testing using the MRP type PD.

When I run the MRP I dont have 568.66 m2 per day...!

Any idea of what can I do to handle this situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Would appreciate if any one explain how did you manage material cost distributed through distribution key ?

I also have a same problem where activity duration is of 4 months and plan cost of assigned material is showing on the requirement date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Vivek, the distribution key works. At the same time cost does not get distributed, as mentioned by Ravi Kumhar. I have used in a construction industry implementation this key and was successful.

Edited by: Girish Tophakhane on Jan 28, 2011 10:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Girish.

Edited by: ravi kumhar on Jan 28, 2011 6:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an additional information,I have not tried that distribution key for MRP, but when I tried to use the distribution key for equal distribution of material costs for a long duration activity of construction industry, it failed.It staged the cost to the requirement date because of this.When we analyse the period break down report of this activity, it will not have equal costs in all periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to do that via Distribution key, assign the key which you have defined in the component & project will drive demands on different dates as per your need & MRP will plan the supply proposal likewise.