SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer across company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to transfer open balance from one account to another. Both accounts have different company code. Can you please suggest me way to transfer balance in this case? SAP standard transaction FP40 doesn't allow balance transfer accross company codes. Please let me know work around. Thanks.

Regards,

James.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

For transferring open balance to another between cross company codes, you first need to maintain posting area 0030.

Say you have two company codes X and Y, and you want to activate the transfer posting, so you need to maintain two set of GL entries for-

Posted in Clearing against

X Y

Y X

Also you need to confgure one new set of main\Sub for transfer postings.

Cross Company Code transfer is not possible by Transaction Code-FP40, you need to use FPE1 with document type TF and Clearing reason 03.

Select the open items you want to transfer and enter the details of the account on which you want to transfer with the proper main\sub configured for the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

For transferring open balance to another between cross company codes, you first need to maintain posting area 0030.

Say you have two company codes X and Y, and you want to activate the transfer posting, so you need to maintain two set of GL entries for-

Posted in Clearing against

X Y

Y X

Also you need to confgure one new set of main\Sub for transfer postings.

Cross Company Code transfer is not possible by Transaction Code-FP40, you need to use FPE1 with document type TF and Clearing reason 03.

Select the open items you want to transfer and enter the details of the account on which you want to transfer with the proper main\sub configured for the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For transfer postings to other company code the T code FPU2 can be used , which in turn accesses event 989 .

But for application area R it is not getting executed .

Please check with your technical team if you can have some insights in to FPU2 as it is standard transaction and the event called there off is 989 in case if you have any other modifications to be done in place .

Regards ,

Dewang T

0 Kudos

Thanks Devang and Amlan,

Is there any way to override this application 'R' not allowed error? I tried executing using '/h debug' mode but still it didn't work for me. Otherwise this screen looks great and quite useful in our case.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi, we also have the same issue (i.e., cannot transfer items with different company code) and the explanation provided is that the company code is also being used for IDE transfer. Has anybody found a way on how to do this?

Thanks and kind regards.