cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator server failures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have been facing lots of SYndicator server failures in which the syndicator server just stops working. However this is not my concern.

My concern is once the syndicator server comes up (after lets say restart or some parameter change) does it import all the records updated during the time the server was down?

The question is arising since when the syndicator server comes up, i see a lot of files going to the ready folder. On analysing those files, i realized those records got updated during the time the server was down.

We are version SAP MDM 7.1 SP05. Required your inputs and also if there is any SAP note/document, it would be really helpful.

Regards,

Indraveer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraveer,

My concern is once the syndicator server comes up (after lets say restart or some parameter change) does it import all the records updated during the time the server was down?

Yes. Once Syndication server is running after rectifying the issue, it syndicates all the records which are updated when server was down.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the reply.

Syndication server failure as i said is not my concern which we will work on.

My doubt was whether the automatic syndication will take care of all those records updated when it was down?

Naren, do we have any OSS note or any document on this? need to know the logic behind it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>My doubt was whether the automatic syndication will take care of all those records updated when it was down?

Yes, it will.

Changing the data in MDM and syndication are two separate processes.

When a record is changed in MDM (through Data Manager or any other UI), a flag is set for that record, when syndicator runs, it looks for all the records who have this flag set (the records will be shown in white color in the syndication map). once the syndication is finished, it resets those flags.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Aamir. This is helful. However if you can tell me what sort of flag is this and can we see that flag?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> flag is this and can we see that flag?

It is set internally and used by MDSS for change tracking, you can't see it.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indraveer

First of all

Your syndication server on hold(without error) because you didn't have enough free drive space. Syndication server wich is working in automatic mode ate disk space.

Second

if you have many files in your ready directory you should check:

1) your PI delete file after transfer or not if not you can configure that

2) timeout value for access to your ready directory from PI (maybe need decrease it)

Third

you can configure your syndication rule (all records or latest modify)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka