cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:500 Not enough memory for operation Export.send

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this error when trying to export a report to a .pdf file. Has anyone ever seen this error?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Need a lot more info.

Version of CR?

Is this an application you or someone else wrote?

How big is the export file when exported to RPT format? And if you can, export the RPT file with saved data to PDF and see if that works.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for replying. Version is 10.0.0.533. This is the ERP package the customer uses called Expandable. It's a windows based package........don't know what it's written in bujt reporting is done by Crystal Reports. This is a funny error, it's intermittent. I've run the reoprt today to .pdf without any problems. Tomorrow might be another story................

Size of .pdf created today is 109kb. Size of .rpt created today is 67kb.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The version is the original release of CR 10 which means no patches installed. The next issue is that error number is typically returned by crpe32 which was deprecated in CR 9, meaning CR 10 isn't supported and no one should be using it except for 4 OEM Partners who continued to be licensed until they had time to migrate to the new engine. It could be they wrote their software in Delphi which sort of supported that engine using the CR VCL component.

So much time has passed that company may have at one time have been part of one of the 4 but I can't say for sure now or the are using the VCL.

The only option you have now is to ask them for support. Or if they have an updated version or patches available.

I would suggest installing patches but that could completely break their software so I don't recommend doing it.

See if they suggest a solution.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, Don. The software vendor has not been helpful, but with this new information it gives us something to talk about.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Bill, Bottom line is we can't recommend installing patches, it may break their app. Your only option is have them fix the issue. Nothing we can do for you.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still working on this one. The network guys are taking a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was some times caused by not defining the database password.

Otherwise you can find the work around by doing some tests.

Run the report with less data to see is there any case where the report works. And then increase the data range to see where it crashes.

If there is huge data for this you need a high specification machine to handle that huge data.

Otherwise export in word and convert to PDF. simple............

All the Best,

Madhu...

philipqumsieh
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've had this issue before and it was because of the font in the report... There's a bug in the export process to PDF when an uncommon font is used.

Ensure all fonts in the report use a common font such as Arial, Microsoft Sans serif, or Times New Roman...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll check it out. See my other reponse below please.