cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early watch alert task not created in SDCCN in satellite system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to configure EWA in solution manger 7.0 ehp1. I have added the system in SMSY, created RFC SM_SIDCLNTXXX_READ and SM_SIDCLNTXXX_TRUSTED in solution manger and also created RFC SM_SIDCLNTXXX_TRUSTED and SM_SIDCLNTXXX_BACK in satellite system sucessfully.

The Early watch Alert in TA DSWP is showing me a red flag. The job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR in satellite system is being sucessfully finished.

The problem I am facing is I cannot find task Early watch Alert in SDCCN in my satellite system and can not create other RFC such as SAPOSS and SDCC_OSS

Could anyone please suggest how should i go about it?

Component version of my satellite system is

ST-A/PI - 01M_SCM570

ST-PI - 2005_1_700 00003

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SDCC_OSS is a copy of SAPOSS. SAPOSS should be in SM59 have you checked that?

As well, on the satellite system, it is important that the back RFC is working fine.

In order to retrieve the EWA sessions from Solution Manager, you need to run a Refresh Session and select Solman back RFC as the destination.

The back RFC should be set as master as well.

In your case, I would suggest you review the EWA activation link here. It is a step-by-step method to setup the EWA report.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/156-1701991-9166329-1518/EWA_Activation.pdf

Kind regards,

Jared

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Paul. Your reply made a lot of things clearer. The problem is with the Maintance task it runs but is not creating 1) Refresh Definitions and 2) Refresh sessions. It says no task to be performed in task log tab and gets completed.

I have two questions here

1) Can I check SDCCN logs somewhere at the OS level or in GUI(except task log tab)?

2) I have made SAPOSS RFC in solution manger is it required to make it in satellite system?

Regards,

Sohrab

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sohrab

1) The SDCCN task logs will be on the Done tab - You can also check the logs in SLG1 at the time, there could be more information there.

Typically the refresh definitions will have nothing, except when there are updates, so it is not unusual to see no updates here each time the task runs. If there are service sessions the maintains package should pick them up with refresh service task.

Is the SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_BACK RFC set as the master in SDCCN?

One test you can make is create a Refresh session task on the satellite. This is the task that the Maint. Package should run.

It will just be easier for testing. If the refresh session task does not create any EWA tasks for the service sessions outstanding, then there is a configuration issue.

If it works, then the Maintenance task is failing before it can shcedule the refresh session task.

I realize I haven't offered a solution, but a way of finding out where it is failing. Once we isolate where it is failing, we reduce the possibilities of what it could be, and we should be left with the solution.

So forget the Maintenace Package for Now. Lets see if you can pull the service sessions with a Refresh Session Task.

You know in the SDCCN task logs errors in the logs are prefaced by what looks like a yellow lightening bolt.

So if you see these in any of the logs, you are encountering an error, and you should copy it here.

Hope this helps to move you forward.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies. With the help of OSS1 I have created SAPOSS connection in solution manager.

The SDCCN is activated in satellite system. But there are only two tasks which are created Service Preparation Check and Maintenance Package out of which only Maintenance Package is getting completd and still cannot see task Early watch alert.

Regards,

Sohrab

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The maintenance task should be scheduled daily.

It should create some new tasks when it runs, 1) Refresh Definitions and 2) Refresh sessions.

It is the refresh session task that will create the Earlywatch Alert task.

If these taks do not appear in the done tab, then the maintenance task is failing, and you will need to look at the log, where there should be an error if it is failing. If it does not fail then you will see the Earlywatch alert task in the Dome Tab.

Check the log for errors.

If there are no errors, then the tasks were processed and the EWA should be ready to be generated on the Solution Manager system. If there were errors on the Solution Manager side , the Scheduled EWA will have a red flag. This tells you there is a problem on the managed/satellite system. Otherwise the data will be available and visually you will see the scheduled EWA will have 2 bottles/flasks that indicate the data is available, but SM:EXEC SERVICES has not run to process it, or if it is running, it is failing.

Based on this process flow, you should be able to isolate where the problem is, even if you can't resolve it yourself you should then be able to tell where the failure is occuring. Right now we can only offer generalities. But if you can determine where the failure is occuring, specifics can be offered.

Hope this helps move you forward.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you do not have RFC SAPOSS on your system it can be created with transaction OSS1.

SDCC_OSS is a copy of RFC SAPOSS as Jared has mentioned.

The links both Jared and Jansi provided are the same document, and this document outlines the steps required to

setup the EWA on both the Solution Manager side and the managed system side.

This goes over activating SDCCN as Sunny has enquired if you have activated it.

Please use the Activating EWA document to resolve.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if SDCCN already activated then check the below too,

in the remote system's SDCCN that your SolMan system is defined as the master system then EWA data is sent into SolMan.(sdccn->goto->settings->task specific->rfc destinations->check master tag activated on your solution manager system)

EWA task created automatically by the "Maintenance Package" task ,please check that is scheduled proper. apart from that you can once schdule the task refresh too.

the best practise EWA guide as below [EWA guide|https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E]

Thanks,

Jansi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you activated SDCCN first in the satellite system ?

Thanks

Sunny