Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payment in fixed asset

dhananjays_naphade
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to configure the recording of down payment on asset (F-48) where when down payment will be made asset will be debited and down payment on asset clearing account will be credited. I found out that there we need to do configuration in OAYB i.e. inclusion of asset class in transaction type group. Another configuration we need to do in AO85 or AO90 ie assigning of GL accounts in account determination. But still i am not able create line items for posting to asset and down payment clearing account. Entry is posted with Vendor account dr. and bank account cr. but additional line items that is asset account dr. to asset down payment clearing.

Is there anything i need to configure in addition to OAYB & AO90.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi Dhananjay

First of all, it is advisable not to update the Asset Down payment to Assets.. Because, once you post GR and there is a time lag/delay in posting the invoice, the depreciation would be calculated on Down payment amount + Asset value....

However, once you do the Invoice processing, the DP would get reversed and the depreciation would get adjusted in the next period... however, you will have excess depreciation posted in one month and adjustment in the Other...

Now coming to your issue, if you still want to do it, check

1. If Asset No is not suppressed in the Field Status Group of Vendor recon account

2. Check OBA5 is Message No F5 378 is suppressed...

3. Assign GL accounts in AO90 for Down payment clearing

4. Mention the Purchase order No in F-47 (Down Payment Request) and then do payment from in F-48.. OR mention the asset no in F-48 directly in order to post to the asset

BR,Ajay M

BR,Ajay M

dhananjays_naphade
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your reply. In fact configuration was there down payment got recorded on asset and offsetting clearing account. Client posted invoice and while clearing special GL transaction wiht inovice system is not allowing it to clear with error of transaction type group. Because configuration relating to it was removed. I don't know the request number. So I am planning to restore configuration and clear the invoice and remove config. For this I have done config on OAYB and AO90 created PO - Project stock with asset catefory. created request with reference to PO and down payment. Entry for Vendor Dr and bank credit generated but asset dr and dwon payment on asset cr is not generated. Is i am missing anything. I need your help desparately.

One more point that is now the asset class in NO AUC. Shall I enter both GL accounts in account determination or provide only one gl account in account determination in down payment clearing account. Or check the asset class as AUC and provide both accounts in account determiantion.

Thanks

Edited by: DHANANJAY S NAPHADE on Jan 28, 2011 9:38 AM

Edited by: DHANANJAY S NAPHADE on Jan 28, 2011 10:10 AM

Edited by: DHANANJAY S NAPHADE on Jan 28, 2011 10:12 AM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Just make settings in OAYB

2. Specify both "Acquisition: Down payments" and "Down paymnet Clearing account" in AO90... Dont worry if the asset class is not AUC

3. You can also track the previous customizing request as follows

a. Go to SE09

b. Menu GO TO > Objects in Requests

c. Click on "Also Search for Subobjects (not for gen"

d. Press F4 in the Field IMG Activity and choose the relevant IMG node...

The IMG node must be populated in the field "IMG Activity" in SE09

e. Now execute

It would give all the IMG requests relevant to that IMG node

BR,Ajay M

dhananjays_naphade
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I also noticed that in the second screen of F-48 I cannot see the input text box for fixed asset on my client. Whereas I saw in the another client. Where if you enter asset PO and line item, asset number automatically comes. But this is not in my case. I was wondering that I have made all configurations but why it is not happening and found this difference. Can it be the reason and if yes how can I over come it.

Thanks

Edited by: DHANANJAY S NAPHADE on Jan 30, 2011 5:54 AM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your vendor recon account and see if the PO No / Asset No are allowed in its Field Status Group

Also, check the Field Status Group of the Posting Key involved in the transaction..

BR,Ajay M

Answers (0)