cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to EMAIL and sending the response to SOAP by integration process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to design a scenario from SOAP TO EMAIL and based on the status of the EMAIL being sent i need to send the response to SOAP using integration.If it is SUCCESSFUL message i need to send success and if the mail is not sent i need to send error .

could some one help how to design the Integration process for this scenario?will help me what steps i need to use for this .

Thanks

Rajesh

akshaykumarmd333
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Hope you are doing good!

There is requirement read the mail from exchange server using the SOAP adapter, Can you please provide screen shots how can we pass the parameters in sender and receiver communication channels.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nagesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can achieve this by making synchronous Interfaces.

1) create Synchronous Outbound and Inbound Service Interface.

2) So you will need to create a response mapping as well.

You get a response from mail adapter in the following format, use this as response Message Type:

- <xim:MailReceipt xmlns:xim="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30">

<Server>smtp://xx.xxx.xx.xx</Server>

<Greeting>wlg-exht2.XYZ.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:10:28 +1300</Greeting>

<Format>XIALL</Format>

<UseMailPackage>false</UseMailPackage>

<Encoding>base64</Encoding>

<Subject>Sync Test</Subject>

<From>"From e mail address</From>

<To>"To e mail address"</To>

<Date>2011-01-28T07:10:29Z</Date>

<MailID>1.2.3</MailID>

</xim:MailReceipt>

By this I think you can give the status of Mail.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajnaya,

Thanks for the suggestion .

Iam using mail package to send the email attachment .when I send the mail using mail package if i make theinterface as synchronous with Mailreceipt as respose .If the mail is successfully delivered what is the response expected in the MailReceipt and if it is not deliverd successfully what will the message that i will receive .

Please let me know the differnce for the successsfully delivered and unsuccessful message.

Thanks

Rajesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> Please let me know the differnce for the successsfully delivered and unsuccessful message.

see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

There is an attribute for Mail header field for delivery acknowledgement.

See if that is of any use to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the requirement if the mail is sent successfully then we need to send a successful message to SOAP and if it is not successful we need to sednan error message.

Please suggest how this can be done.Do we need to use BPM?

Thanks

Rajesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont need to use BPM. If my previous suggestion to get the acknowledgement as response from the mail adapter is available, Why dont map that response to soap response and in mapping area do some logic using UDF or standard function to differentiate incoming success or failure message and send the message appropriately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

could you please elaborate how to use the header fields for acknowledgement .I couldnot get how to use that to get the response.

what changes needs to be done in mail adapter for getting response.Iam using Transport protocal as XIPAYLOAD and using mail package to send the message and Kepp attachment option is cheked.

I could see adapter specific identifiers in advanced tab but couldnot understand how to use them to get response .

It will help if you can make me clear.

Thanks and Regards

Rajesh