cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan / Inspection Lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM GURU ,

I have one issue , I am PP consultant but QM dummy.

There's inspection Lot created Automatically after Production Order Release.

Who can settle my issue , big Rwd will given 10 !

I would like to know the below :

1) Can we create inspection Plan Manually ?

2) What 's the use of Inspection Plan ? Is it similar like routing ?

3) Can we delete the inspection plan but still release the inspection lot / UD the inspection Lot ?

4) QM in Production vs QM in SD , what different inspection created ? Is it the same type of inspection lot ?

TQ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) No. The inspection characteristics should be assigned in routing only for the inspection lot origin '03'.

If you create an inspection plan at transaction QP01(not routing), an inspection lot will be created with status 'CRTD', not 'REL'.

2) The inspection plan for definition of the inspection operation and characteristic and etc.

Yes, almost same with routing. QM use the inspection plan for most of inspection but not for origin '03'.

3) Not a problem.

4) QM in PP: '03' inspection during production, '04' GR inspection from production, and etc

QM in SD: '06' inspection for return delivery, '10' inspection for outbound delivery, and etc

If you want to use the inspection plan instead of routing, try the inspection type '04' with the inspection control 'Y'(inspection lot creation when order released, not GR).

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Master,

Sorry , because i am new in QM , QM dummy.

Some issue here , hope can get better understanding.

1)The inspection characteristics should be assigned in routing only for the inspection lot origin '03'

What if the origin not 03? Where should the chracteristics assigned? By default characteristic should assign with inspection lot ?

2) Why QM use the inspection plan for most of inspection but not for origin '03' ?

3) Can i Only have Inspection lot without inspection plan and still UD the inspection lot?

4) According to Luke statement "If you want to use the inspection plan instead of routing, try the inspection type '04' with the inspection control 'Y'(inspection lot creation when order released, not GR)."

Which mean i can still implementing QM with Type 04 without routing ? In this case , how is FICO capture the cost without standard value ?

Really appreciate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Use QP01 transaction to create inspection plan manually.

make sure in header you have correct UOM, Usage and valid from date.

2. Inspection plan is very much like routing & Master receipe it has operations, work centers.

For each operation you can assign MIC. MIC's are use to record results during inspection.

At header level you assign UOM, materials etc.

Inspection plans are not mandatory. If you need to record Inspection results then you need inspection plan. But

If only pass/ fail decision is needed, you do not need inspection plan, you can directly make UD

3. You can delete the inspection after it is assigned to Inspection lot.

If you delete the inspection plan before UD, you will get a warning in inspection lot that lot was deleted

But you can still work with it.

4. In production Inspection types used are 03, 04 & 13

In SD you can use inspection types 10, 11, 12.

For SD returns you can configure inspection types 05 or 06

for stock transfer you can use inspection type 08

Each of these inspection types have different settings.

Some of inspection types are stock relevant and some not.

Some inspection lots can be created early in the process.

You can configure whether Inspection plan is needed for each inspection type.