Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - External requirements - ME083 Enter Release Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have an issue that I cannot fathom.

We intend to use Plan Driven Procurement and when creating a requisition in ERP, the requirement move successfully into SRM but the message returning to ERP to update the Requisition status goes into error and once debugged, we discover the ERP system throws the following error:

ME083 Enter Release Date

We get this error whether the requisition is subject to release strategies or not.

Any ideas?

We are on ERP release ECC 6.0 EHP 4 and SRM 7.0.

Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

If the functional information provided by Yatin Nandiwdekar does not suffice, check if the following is relevant to you:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1341055

Douglas Volkwyn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The message "ME083 Enter Release Date" is not due to PR release strategy. "PR Release Date" specifies the date on which the purchase order should be initiated on the basis of the purchase requisition. "PR Release Date" field is available in PR Item details > Quantities/Dates Tab. (field EBAN-FRGDT)

This release date is based on:

- The purchasing department processing time defined for the plant

- The planned delivery time from the material master record or purchasing info record

- The delivery date

- The goods receipt processing time from the material master record

Note: The planned delivery time from the purchasing info record and the GR processing time are only taken into account if the purchase requisition was generated via materials planning.

regards,