cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to process the billing document after the PGI has been done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

What needs to be done when billing document is not getting generated after the PGI has been done at the delivery level?

There are no hindrances from copy controls functionality, or the invoice list, the a/c determination has been done appropriately so there is no problem with any of the a/c postings. The PGI has been done & when the error log is checked it gives me the message that the list contains no items for delivery. I also even tried for defining the number range for document type RV under the billing document types & assigning it to the company code but still it was a fruitless effort on my part.I checked even the item category also at sales order level, at copy controls level & found no error with TAN. Please suggest me the remedy for this query.

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

During VF01, try to go to Edit>Log and see what is written in the Error Log. If you see the error, please let us know and maybe we can help you proceed further.

Check also that no one is modifying your invoice generation program from your development team. Sometimes, certain programs being edited and tested can also cause problems in special cases.

Hope this helps,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

I got the error as, '_No billing documents were generated. See log_.' When I went to the log under edit tab on the menu bar I received the message as under:

xxx 0080015175 xxxxxx POD report back not yet carried out or incomplete.

where 80015175 was the delivery document number created with in the system with respect to which the billing document was not getting generated.

With regards,

M.S.Kumar

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your case the functionality of POD is activated. So after delivering the material to customer, he will confirm you about the receipt of same, and you will have to confirm it in SAP by using the transaction VLPOD, only then you will be able to do the billing.

So run the transaction VLPOD first and then try to do the billing.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You can create Proof of delivery for the delivery document. Transaction code is VLPOD. Enter the date and time and click on u201CPODu201D button to confirm the delivered quantity is equal to the POD quantity. Save the document. Then the system will allow to create billing document.

or

2. Deactivate the POD indicator in Shipping tab of the Sales area data in the customer master. It will not ask for POD confirmation for creating billing document.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much experts. With your due support I had resolved the issue.

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I had resolved the issue

How ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh,

can i know HOW

please let us KNOW.

BALAJIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Experts,

I regret for my negligency towards the forum, & after this I would like to express how the issue was resolved. So, the issue was resolved by confirming the POD at the trx. code VLPOD, as mentioned by many of the experts in the log thread. I went to the screen of VLPOD & clicked upon the confirm proof of delivery icon, after which the delivery got confirmed in the aforesaid document & the billing was successfully generated.

Thank You very much experts

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

please check the document flow.

please check the tables VBUP, VBUK & VBFA giving relevant document as reference.

please DEBUGG the delivery and find out some body has forcefully made PGI for the document.

go to VL02N - see the GMT statuses for the delivery

please check and confirm

hope this should clear your issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Condiiton values in sales order; if there is no value, the system does not generate billing document.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Edited by: K Bharathi on Jan 27, 2011 5:32 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in both sales order and delivery, any billing block is applied at header or item level.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once again you need to check the following:-

a) Check in Document Flow of that delivery whether you could see the material document reference.

b) If not, execute VL02N and ensure that the PGI button is greyed out

c) check in MD04 whether you could see the delivery reference

d) Still if you are unable to detect the root cause, go to VA02, key in that sale order and execute. There go to schedule line tab and check what was the order quantity and delivered quantity

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi