cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide "Order as direct" flag in SRM 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all: we are using SRM 7.0.

We are trying to hide "Order as direct" flag in the shopping cart BO. We have seem that there is functionality to control the fields thru SPRO path Cross-application basic settings/Extension and field controls (Personalization)/Configure field control. Here, we have the option to control either a header, item or substructure (as account assignment) field.

However, we ca not find the way to hide the field using these tables. Is there any possibility to hide the field using these tables?

We know that:

1.-we can hide the field by using Enterprise Portal: it is possible to change here the field parameters in the "Shop" iview and this will apply to all users. But, if there is any other possibility via SPRO customizing, we prefer it.

2.- We can control the field via "Control Actions" customizing (SPRO/Cross-application basic settings/Extension and field controls (Personalization)/Control Actions) but, using this, the field entry is disabled but it is still visible. We want to hide it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Donald: I really appreciate your answer and most probably we will apply it as it seems there is no way to hide the field thru SPRO customizing.

I followed the procedure and it works. We also noticed taht it looks the same than changing the iview using EP, but from SRM.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valentin,

In SRM 7.0 using Web Dynpro for ABAP, there are many ways to customize UI element:

1. Enhancement Implementation of WDC - remove UI element

2. Component Configuration - set invisible of UI element

3. Class enhancement - insert Pre-exit or Post-exit of method to set UI element property visible to abap_false

4. Method enhancement - add coding in enhancement to set UI element property visible to abap_false

In my experience, I will use Component Configuration to hide UI element unconditionally.

Regards,

Donald

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar requirement in one of my projects, where I had to hide 'Order as Direct Material' from the screen and the check box with it.

For this,

1. I went to the component, ‘/SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_BD’ and created an enhancement for the component using the enhance symbol.

2. Then in the enhanced view of the component, I deleted the Label 'Order as Direct Material' and the check-box for the same.

3. Save and Activate the enhancement.

4. Now when you launch the portal where this component is used, the Label and the check-box will be hidden.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again. I was thinking about it and all the 4 proposals in the thread above look like a change to the standard SAP. I would like to know if someone has found an alternative to do it via customizing.

We were "playing" a little bit and were able to hide field "Price" at SC item level using customizing. But it seems that flag "Order as direct" is not a field itself at SC item level but linked to other item field called "Subtype"

any idea?

Any clue will be welcome

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

We disables the "Order as Dorect" flag in IMG so that users were not able to edit it. Here is the procedure.

IMG>SRM>SRM Server>Cross Appln basic settings>Extensions and field control>Control Actions>Configure Control of actions on line item

Create new entries as below:

PDO action type = ORDER_AS_DIRECT_MATE

Process mode = EDIT

Bus Object type = BUS2121

Transaction type = SHC

PDO Action Enabled = Blank (Not checked)

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Jagdish Reddy: you are right. We can disable the flag, but we can not hide it. We need to hide because we are trying to make the order as direct as Classic scenario. We will include one customer flag for "order as direct2. When flagged, we will fulfil the account assignment tab with dummy data which will be removed just before the PO is transferred to the backend system.

We didn't find a best way to do it...

Thanks for your help

Regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by Component Configurations. Suppose for professional screen, run SE80, select "Web Dynpro Comp./Intf.", "/SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_BD". Start Configurator of two Component Configurations (one by one):

/SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_DODC_SC_I_BD_PR

/SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_DODC_SC_I_BD_WI

When you click "Start Configurator", a browser will popup with titie "Editor for the Web Dynpro ABAP Component Configuration". Click "Change" button, at tag u201CWeb Dynpro Built-inu201D, drill down to element u201CV_DODC_SC_I_BDu201D -> STANDARD_FIELDS -> LEFT_CONTAINER -> ORDER_DIRECT_MAT_LABEL and ORDER_DIRECT_MAT. Set these two elements to invisible. Then save your change to a transport.

Regards,

Donald