Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption in JDBC adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Have a few queries related to the Sender and Receiver JDBC adapter.XI3.0/7.0

1. Is there any features for encrypting the payload being sent through the receiver JDBC adapter and also sender JDBC Adapter?

2. Are the encryption and security options provided by the JDBC drivers enabled by default in the JDBC adapter?

3. Can we set the parameters for the JDBC driver (Oracle) being called from the JDBC adapter, to set the data encryption from the client side?

4. What are the other options to enable data encryption with JDBC?

I gone through some blogs on encryption of data, but i didn't found any Info about the JDBC adapters. Please Reply

Thanks!

Vankadoath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard feature to encrypt the payload for any adapter.

Could you describe exactly, what you want to encrypt and how encryption and decryption should take place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Stefan,

we want to retrieve some data from DB and need to send to R3 system. This is JDBC to Proxy scenario.

The DB is not in our network. For the security issues user needs data (Payload) to encrypt before coming to PI, then decryption needs to be done before sending to R3.

so how can i achieve this requirement? what is the process? Thanks!

Vankadoath.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/EncryptioninscenariosinvolvingJDBCAdapterwithOracleDatabase

You find other related ressources by using google.

The encryption involves only the connection PI - DB, the payload is not encrypted. I zhink, this is just what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan i got good information from your reply.

So there is no option or way to encrypt the payload ?

Thanks!

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So there is no option or way to encrypt the payload ?

The encryption of the payload makes only sense, when sender system encrypt, receiver system decrypts.

When you want to do the decryption inside PI, what use does it have to decrypt it?

You can read the content inside PI anyway.

So all you need to do is decrypt the message on the way DB -> PI.

The decryption is here done for the whole message, not only the payload.

When you talk about decryption, you need to know, what you want to decrypt (whole message, payload, parts of payload, specific elements in payload) and how (SSL, PGP, others)

Depending on that information, you can decide, how you do encryption.