cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"An exception occurred in PPMS" for ERP 6 EHP4 SPS7 --> SPS8 MOPZ Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our SPS24 Solman system is not enabling us to calculate the queue to apply Ehp4 SPS8 onto our EHP4 SPS7 system. Our Solman system is almost up-to-date - SPS24 and has had all the initial & basic configuration steps completed ok. It was also used to successfuly calculate our ERP 4 EHp4 upgrade XML files a few months ago. Now we are looking to apply EHP4 SPS8 to our system. At the start of the MOPZ process we got a warning that OSS 1485385 needed to be applied. This was done and the warning didn't occur again. Now in the "Select OS/DB-Dependant files" part of the MOPZ process I get the error "An Exception occurred in PPMS" displayed at the top of the screen and the "Continue" button is greyed out even after selecting the correct OS/DB-Dependant entries from the list.

OSS 1283307 was for outdated PPMS but this was an older Solman SPS level.

Can anyone suggest what will be required to resolve the PPMS error and enable the MOPZ process to continue and create the XML files for our ERP 6 Ehp4 SPS8 maintenance stack ( ECC ABAP Backend with XSS Portal ).

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Now in the "Select OS/DB-Dependant files" part of the MOPZ process I get the error "An Exception occurred in PPMS" displayed at the top of the screen and the "Continue" button is greyed out even after selecting the correct OS/DB-Dependant entries from the list.

Hi Brian,

There was an inconsistency in SAP Global Support Backbone system, which calculates the needed packages.

This inconsistency has been solved this afternoon (Walldorf Time). So, please try again.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

many thanks for your reply. SAP responded confirming this and I have created a new maintenance optimizer session - the error didn't occur this time. However, MOPZ is only calculating the ERP 4 SPS8 application specific files for download - it is missing the ABAP updates for ABA , BASIS, PI_BASIS etc and also for the associated Portal for the SAPJ22* EPPORTAL* etc. It selects all the ERP application patches for both the ABAP & JAVA systems but not the underlying WAS platform. I've sent the message back to SAP to see if this behaviour is normal. This is my first attempt to use MOPZ for an ERP EHP4 SPS Maintenance Update, the previous runs were for ERP 6 non-Ehp4 Upgrades to ERP6 EHp4 and the MOPZ process included the ABAP & JAVA WAS platform files in the calculation for download.

Have you any thoughts on why the ABAP & JAVA non ERP application files are not being included ?.

Regards,

Brian.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

EHP4 for ERP 6 stack 8 does not include ABA and BASIS 701 SP 8, they include SP7. Perhaps this is why you thihk that the underlying basis packages are not calculated... What is the source stack of the system? What is the current SP level of the basis packages?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

thanks for the info.

This would explain it then !!!

I'm currentkly on EHp4 SPS7. Do you know where the SPS8 stack content can be viewed outwith MOPZ - similar to the ERP 6 non-Ehp4 stacks where you can view the stack content on the service marketplace.

Regards,

Brian.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

When you confirm the target in Maintenance Optimizer there is a 'stack contents' button in Maintenance Optimizer, for EHP4 it will display the stack information for all the packages, not just for the ones contained in the technical usages chosen. The product instance to look at for the Basis is 'Central Applications'. Sorry, I don't remember exactly the step where you can check the stack contents, but if you pay attention you will find it in Maintenance Optimizer.

I checked the information in the product database and the stack 7 for EHP4 for ERP 6 / NW 701 has got NW 701 stack 7 included. So there is no delta in the basis components.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ