cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island context menu: Copy source to clipboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a WD4A application with a flash island. Part of that uses a tree and I have defined a context menu for it, which works fine. There is also a TextArea for which I haven't defined a context menu: top of the list is 'Copy source to clipboard'. Where is this coming from, and what is it for ?

It only appears in the application when it is integrated into the web-dynpro: if I run the flex application standalone it is not there. If I define a context menu for the TextArea this item doesn't appear in the customItems, and hiding the builtInItems has no effect.

I did wonder if this was a debug feature, so generated a 'release' version - but it's still there.

This is worrying my users, and they want it removed....

Thanks for your help,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The Copy Source to Clipboard is added by the Flash Island framework itself. It copies the XBCML string to the clipboard for debugging purposes. Originally this option was always present. However in more more recent builds of the FlashIsland framework, it only appears when sap-wd-flashDebug=X is added as a URL parameter.

What SP level are you running on your ABAP system? Have you updated the SWC file which you compile into your Flex Component on the client side from the most recent version on the server?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input guys. I should have mentioned I'm in an IS-U system, version 7.01, SP3. The OSS note you mentioned Ricky applies to CE - I couldn't find an equivalent ? Though it describes exactly the problem.

Since it is the .swc file that you mentioned Thomas, I downloaded that (WDIslandLibrary30.swc, date = 22/5/2010) from our PI instance which is bang up-to-date and used that in my flex project instead - but the extra menu item is still there. Should this work ?

As an aside, I noticed that there are two versions of the .swc, with one that includes 'debug' in the filename. What is that one for ? I thought that having the 'sap-wd-flashdebug' in the URL is all you needed to connect a debug session, not a different .swc compiled into the project ?

Thanks,

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an aside, I noticed that there are two versions of the .swc, with one that includes 'debug' in the filename. What is that one for ? I thought that having the 'sap-wd-flashdebug' in the URL is all you needed to connect a debug session, not a different .swc compiled into the project ?

To enable the application in your project to communicate with the Web Dynpro Application the Flash

Island WD Library needs to be known to your project.

For debugging your project on client side, you need to have debug version of your application as well in MIME repository. To achive this WDIslandLibrary-debug.swc also needs to be added to "Build path library".

On Saving (and compiling) an application in Flex Builder results in a debug version of it. If you want to debug your Flex application, this debug version has to be uploaded to the MIME directory, where

the <application>.swf file is stored, and it has to be renamed/added there into <application>-debug.swf.

The debugging version of the Flex application in the Flex Builder can be called by adding sap-wd-flashdebug=X parameter to application URL in your Flex builder under "Debug" perspective and setting necessary breakpoint.

Since it is the .swc file that you mentioned Thomas, I downloaded that (WDIslandLibrary30.swc, date = 22/5/2010) from our PI instance which is bang up-to-date and used that in my flex project instead - but the extra menu item is still there. Should this work ?

I tried in my system i.e. ECC 6.0 with NW ABAP 7.01 SP7 but problem exist in my system too. I would strongly suggest you to open up the OSS message to resolve this issue as debug parameter as no effect on context menu behaviour.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I tried in my system i.e. ECC 6.0 with NW ABAP 7.01 SP7 but problem exist in my system too. I would strongly suggest you to open up the OSS message to resolve this issue as debug parameter as no effect on context menu behaviour.

I tested in my 7.02 SP6 and the menu option is no longer present. I know we made this change on the ABAP side as well, but I'm not sure at what point it was made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the updates. So my remaining questions are:

1. Can I copy the .swc file from another system and use that ? Or is there some server interaction that will get screwed up ?

2. So far I've used the non-debug version of the .swc, and can still debug via NWDS. If I use the debug version will I get more functionality ? Or was there only one version before ?

Thanks for your continued interest !

Nick

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The SWC file you use on the client side is really mostly a shell. It loads most of its functionality from a SWF file on the server (in the MIME repository - /sap/public/bc/ur/nw7/FlashIslands. This way we can patch the FlashIslands runtime via server support packages without having to rebuild all the individual Islands you might build. If you replace the SWC with a newer version, you should also update the SWF on the server with the corresponding version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I'm developing a WD4A application with a flash island. Part of that uses a tree and I have defined a context menu for it, which works fine. There is also a TextArea for which I haven't defined a context menu: top of the list is 'Copy source to clipboard'. Where is this coming from, and what is it for ?

This is std. SAP context menu-item inherited from Flash Island library in MIME repository.

For quick work-around

Please try following code in your Flash application

attach the following code snippet to a keyframe:

var custom_menu:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
custom_menu.hideBuiltInItems();
_root.menu = custom_menu;

You can also find more info here

[http://www.adobe.com/livedocs/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/ui/ContextMenu.html#hideBuiltInItems()]

Ideally above mentioned menu-items should appear when sap-wd-flashdebug parameter is set to 'X'. It looks to me like problem with Flash library as SAP did provide similar correction for SAP WD Flex client : For reference Note 1498808

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Ricky Shah