Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help on this issue?

Our system is SAP ECC6 on oracle database 10g. we are plannng to reorg for the bigger indexes size which it is more

than temp tablespace size.

Current temp tablespace size 28GB and reorg indexe size is 80GB. For this we will increasing the temp tablespace size

to more than 80 GB and after reorg we will reduce the size to 36 GB.

During reducing the temp tspace size from 80GB to 36GB is there any impact on the system. If temp datafile is corrupted during reducing the size, can you please help what is the procedure to recover

Any parameter that we can set or increase in SAP so that it will use memory before using the temp tablespace.

Thanks

BBM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During reducing the temp tspace size from 80GB to 36GB is there any impact on the system

The best way to reduce that size of PSAPTEMP is to drop it and recreated, system will need to be offline

Having said that, I find doing a Homogeneous System Copy using Export/Import method a much better , cleaner and sometimes quicker than a reorganization, All depending on your DB size and amount of tables/indexes to be reorganized.

Also, read SAP Note 659946 - FAQ: Temporary tablespaces

Regards

Juan

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jan 27, 2011 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Juan,

While we would all love to do export/imports the only draw back is that it involves downtime (considerable in case of big databases) if done using SAP tools plus SAP tools (SAPinst homogenous system copy) doesn't have support for individual objects (system copy!). For reorganization of individual objects I reckon standard reorg proceedures still hold good. Online reorgs are pretty good and you can do them at your own pace.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. it solved my problems.

Answers (0)