Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging of table changes

prasad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on ERP 6.0. Recently Basis team has been asked to activate the table changes logs in Production system. Accordingly we activated the rec/client parameter for Production system client. We are also required to click the log changes tab in the table for which the logs are to be activated.This is to be done through t code SE13. While trying to do so, I have found that our Production system is not allowing to make changes directly as it is configured in non modifiable stage. I have also tried to make changes in devp clinet and then transport it to quality an Production,however it is not working.

Kindly let me know the exact method by which I can activate the tab in the table.

Thanks,

Prasad Thakur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure you activated before transporting.

Check in your QA system which version is activated.

Regards,

Thierry Kennes

prasad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I agree that ideally the changes should be made in dev and then transported to production. I tried for the same, but although the transport request shows successful transmission, actually I dont see that the logging is activated for that particular table. Thats why I raised this quey in this forum. Firstly I made necessary changes in DEV using SE13 and then transported the request to Quality. The request got transported successfully, but I couldnt see any changes in the table. (Avtivation flag ).

Kindly guide me the exact procedure.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

This is strange. It is understandable that the table content changes is not getting recorded in case rec/client (in default profile) is not set along with recclient="XXX" (in transport profile) but table logging activation not getting reflected in QA is a bit weird.

Are you sure that the transport carried correct contents. Can you list the contents of the transport. It should have an entry related to DD09L.

Is the table showing as activated ? Just try to activate/generate it.

For more info on recording please check OSS notes 1916 and 84052.

With Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should make the table logging activation in development system using transaction SE11/SE13 and then transport it to production and not try it directly in production. All repository changes should ideally be made in development!

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before moving the changes to Prd did you verify it in QA system?

Regards,

Neeraj