cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the actual parameter not reflected in TU02 or RSPARAM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone had this encounter. When I am in RZ04, I noticed that the setting for DIA is 22. The same number of DIA wp is observed in SM51. However, when I am in TU02 or RSPARAM, I noticed that the value for rdisp/wp_no_dia is 38. I could not find any latest change date in the system even if 'display unsubstitute value' is selected during the execution of RSPARAM. From the history of change in TU02, I could not see that the value for this parameter has been changed. Can anyone help to explain why is it so? The correct number of DIA wp in the instance that I am checking should be 22 and hence I would expect the same when I am in TU02 or RSPARAM.

P/s: I have ensured that I am logging to the same instance throughout this check.

Appreciate if anyone could share some feedback regarding this.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the instance profile in RZ10 if rdisp/wp_no_dia is set to 38 and you are only getting 22 certainly is because of Operation Modes. No other explanation.

How many background processes do you have?... do that match the value of rdisp/wp_no_btc?, I'll be surprised if it does.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I've checked in RZ04 and no Operation Mode is configured currently. All Daytime, Nightime and twentyfour-seven have got the same number of WPs throughout.

That is the reason why I am wondering the inconsistency here.

Thanks for your feedback.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres not enough info to give you a objective answer, can you tell me the value of rdisp/wp_no_dia and btc in the instance profile?

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please see below the information that I've copied from instance profile:

According to InstProf

Dialog 38

Background 6

Update 4

Update2 2

Enqueue 3

Spool 0

Total 53

In RZ04:

p11ci p11ci_P11_02 P11_DVEBMGS02_P11CI

Daytime 22 22 - - 4 2 3 53

Nightime 22 22 - - 4 2 3 53

twentyfour-seven 22 22 - - 4 2 3 53

Hope this gives better information now.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clearly operation modes are set to 22 dia and 22 btc.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Now I got it. The Operation Mode is actually set but it is just that they are set to all the same for those 3 options. I misunderstood that as unset. The correct understanding is no difference in day or night mode. Thank you very much for clarifying and made me realized this.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

There is no operation mode configured in the system.

Thanks & regards..

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have configured operation mode in the system. It might be because of operation modes.

Thanks

sunny