Did you mean: 

Error logs in job releases forecast from DP to SNP-"Matl does not exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am facing error logs in the batch job which releases forecast from DP to SNP

Forecast release job - Weekly - Through background job

Forecast category - FA

Error 1: - Characteristic combination appears on batch job log with an error that

"GMC does not exist " Even though it exist in R/3 and APO

All products with error message "Product does not exist" from do exist and have Forecast in Product View

Error 2: - Deleted KCC keep showing up on the Demand Forecast release job log as errors even though they are invalid KCC and were deleted previously. How do they get removed from error log so they don't get created again

Material does not exist on the APO Product Master, in R3 there is a delete flag and the MRP type is set to X1 ,it does not exist in the APO Product Master and does not exist in R3.

Request you to kindly provide any way forward which may be causing error logs of the job

Thanks in advance,

Mrigendra Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

Are you using standard Product & location characteristic in DP ?

1. If you are not using the standard product characteristic, you have to maintain the custom product & location characteristic in the POS > Edit> Assign Product Location & have to select the custom product & location characteristic in MC90 vairant.

2. You can delete the unwanted CVCs (and restrict from re-generation) OR you can exclude the materials from the MC90 variant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit,

Thanks for your reply

Error 1 - 1. I am using the standard product characteristic in MPOS and MC90 variant - 0Material and 0Plant

Forecast is released by background job from DP to SNP

My main concern is even though product master and CVC exist the spool gives an error "product does not exist" for some products and for other products forecast is released properly .

I have not find any inconsistency at MPOS and aggregates level in checks performed for the list of products with error in the spool

Thanks,

Regards

Mrigendra Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

0material and 0plant are not standard characterstics in APO for product and location.

You need to use 9amatnr and 9alocno in MPOS. If you haven't used the same you need to assign your characterstics( in your case 0material and 0plant) in tcode /sapapo/msdp_admin.

Check the menu option extras-> assign product and location and then assign you charactersics and save the same.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We are using 0Material and 0 Plant in MPOS as per the design of the infocube and the CVC are created as per data of

cube. Also this error we are facing only for few materials and for rest of the materials the forecast is released correctly

Regards,

Mrigendra Sharma

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

Please re-initialize the SNP planning area (program : /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE) and then check the consistency by executing the program: /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK. If you observe any inconsistency in the log/spool, then re-run the program: /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK to observe all green.

It is recommended to run the consistency program after any master data change. The initialization program should be run at least weekly.

Try transfering the data again from DP to SNP to see if the error reappear.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit,

I have done the consistency checks on PA and there are no inconsistencies

Also we have weekly scheduled consistency checks which perform various checks PA,MPOS,etc

Can you please provide me some information if some specific release strategy affects release of forecast from DP to SNP

Thanks for help

Mrigendra

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for delay.

As most of the products are transferred from DP to SNP successfully, I do not expect any issue with the MC90 variant.

1. Check if the error products are assigned to the model.

2. Compare the products -- successful & unsuccessful, to find if there is any difference, that could lead to this issue.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit,

1. The products are assigned to the active model 000

2. On comparing successful and unsuccessful material I found some differences in master data in APO

a. Checking Horizon Calendar - not maintained

b. Requirement stgy - 20 - PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY compared to COPY OF 20-PLNG W/ FA;CONSUME DEP.RQMTS - for successful products

c. Only backward consumption selected as consumption mode

d. Procurement type - F - external procurement

but not sure if one of this can be a reason for the issue

Thanks for the help

Mrigendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First make sure you have used std 9AMATNR , 9ALOCNO as a product , location in your MPOS,

If you are using your own charecteristic then you need to make sure 1)conversion routine"PRODU" assigned in your product charecteristic, fiels length 40 , 2) for location you should not use conversion routines

and assigne these charecterisic in MC90 properly, and make sure you got CVC for this combinations.. while creation of CVC plz check the tick mark " check SNP master data"

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigendra,

I would request you to take the help of ABAP resource & debug the transfer process for 1 unsuccessful materials. They would be able to find the exact cause for Error generation.

Sorry could not help much.

regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit,

Thanks , will check with ABAP also

Regards,

Mrigendra Sharma