cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enable single sign on using windows login credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

i Developed one web dynpro application there are two views one is login view and main view . I run my web dynpro application using login user id and password . Now my requirement is like this : when i am login into windows (using login Id and password ) once login in to windows i am clicking my web browser & my web dynpro app link gets opened & now to go into my web dynpro application i has to login by giving the user id and password of windows. The windows & My application User Id & Pwd should get mapped.

How to map the User Id & Pwd's of windows with the web dynpro application. How to find out the windows login data as the pwd gets encrypted.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Authentication via Windows Integrated Authentication requires the NetWeaver Portal. The NetWeaver Portal utilizes SPNego for Kerberos based Authentication. You can read more about this in the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/4bd58c6c5e5f34e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

There are other forms of transparent SSO using the ABAP AS only. For example within SAP we use Certificate based authentication utilizing the Secude solution. In NetWeaver 7.02 we also begin support for SAML based authentication: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/1b/a1b441b60e3331e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am using webdyn pro abap .

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

>

> i am using webdyn pro abap .

Yes. I assumed that based on the fact you were posting in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum. Everything I posted applies to Web Dynpro ABAP. Certain authentication scenarios (Kerberos/SPNego) are only supported when ABAP applications are running within the Portal.

If you are saying you are using WDA, but don't have a NetWeaver Portal then your options are limited. There is no support in the ABAP AS for SPNego/direct Windows Integrated Authentication. For AS ABAP standalone you would have to use client certificates (not technically windows login credentials, but can be transparent SSO) or if you upgraded to 7.02 SAML tickets.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to configure SSO by clicking a url link from an email to open a web dynpro abap application.

How I can do that ?

Any clue?

windows 7 client.

Regards.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean with using client certificates?

Can you explain this?

Regards.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

jorge velasquez: It is against SCN forum policies to cross post or duplicate post questions. You already have a dedicated thread to this question in this forum. As far as the question about certificates, I suggest you read the section of the online help which I provided a link to in the above response. It lists all the logon procedures provided by the ABAP stack - including the two transparent ones = Client Certificates and SAML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Basically you need to maintain the user ids in server. According to my understanding of the SAP system, it does/can not validate the password with that of Windows. The user ids and pwds of Windows should be saved in SAP aswell.

Considering you have done this part, say your service name is ZWDR_TEST_TABLE. Got to SICF and change the Logon Data.