cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Manufacturer & Supplier in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants all the incoming raw materials should be procured from approved manufacturers only.

He wants to control all the manufacturers by approving prior to raising the PO by Purchase Dept.

I know this can be done by using Quality Info Record.

But my scenario here is the Purchase Dept. raises the PO for raw material sometimes on manufacturer and some times on Suppliers.

There is no issue if the PO is made on manufacturer, as I can maintain the manufacturers name in Info Record.

The issue is how to control if the PO is raised on Supplier. Because a supplier can supply the goods to my client by buying from any manufacturer. And My client wants a control on Manufacturers only. He doesnu2019t want a control on Suppliers.

Info record is only Material, Vendor/ manufacturer (But not the both) & Plant hierarchy only.

So please suggest how to link material, plant with supplier and manufacturer?

Regards,

Phani Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest BADI 'ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST' and method 'PROCESS_ITEM' for your requiement.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using functionality called MPN ( Manufacturer part number). refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/En/5b/da1f604caf11d2b437006094b9c9be/content.htm

Let me know if you need additional details on MPN. We have extensively used this functionality to control purchases from approved manufacturer only.

AK Marwadi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaz786,

Thanks for the input.

MM Info Record will not help , in restricting the PO to be raised against a new vendor / manufacturer.

And also in the back ground info record will get created automatically if the PO is raised for a new vendor.

But my requirement is, the system should restrict the raising of PO, if the material is raised against a new manufacturer by a vendor.....

Phani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fire Fighter,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Could the concept of quality certificate is helpful for me to distinquish the materials received from different vendors at the time of GR????

I came across a concept Material Part Number & working on it.

Dear Experts,

Any other views / coments in this please.

Regards,

Phani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani

I think the you can maintain by material for vendor or supplier .. Material Info record from MM...

regards

kazz

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forgot about the MPN functionality. That might help you but I think it does create some other issues with it that can make it difficult to manage from a quality assurance group perspective. I can't remember what that was off hand, but I remember a couple of my pharma clients rejected it's use and developed custom approaches to it.

I believe the issue might have been that full QA approval requires certification of both the manufacturer and the supplier as well as a tracking of supplier part numbers. Some suppliers use their own part numbers but the manufacturer is approved under the manufacturers numbers. If you block a particular manufacturer part number, that doesn't necessarily block a supplier providing the same part because the suppliers part number has to be tracked.

Also, supplier A might be certified to provide manufacturer A's part but supplier B is not. This is because supplier have to be certified with regard to storage, transportation, and handling of the material while in their care. This is especially true with regard to temperature sensitive materials or materials with shelf life. You don't want to buy a three year old dried out gasket and install it in a critical piece if equipment.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't in standard SAP. You'll need to out custom solution to handle the manufacturer situation.

FF