cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal error has ocurred when I try to create new DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When I try to create a new Web Dynpro DC, its will return "An internal error has occurred.See error log for more details". No matter whatever name I give still same.

Exception: org.eclipse.core.internal.resource.ResourceException: Resource /JDI.....com already exists.

p/s: I have checked in DTR and the DC are not exists.

Kindly please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah ,

I think this is due to name reservation.

Can you please check the following locations in your SLD?

I assume you have at least a 700 SLD, so I provide an example for 700 (let me know if it is 640 and then I adjust it):

A)

1. go to http://<host>:<port>/sld

2. log on with a user is also allowed to access the Administration link on the main page of the SLD Webui (like NWDI_CMSADM)

3. click on "Name Reservation" -- on the right hand side box of the main page

4. select "Development Component Name" from the dropdownlist and let me know what you can see here

B)

1. go to http://<host>:<port>/sld

2. log on with a user is also allowed to access the Administration link on the main page of the SLD Webui (like NWDI_CMSADM)

3. click on "Administration"

4. click on "Content Maintenance"

5. take "Name Reservation" from the first dropdown list

6. select "Development Component Name" from the second one

7. Let me know what you can see in the list again by copy-pasting the content into this forum thread.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks.

Its resolved my issue..

but the other problem now is when I try to activate the activity in the Activation request it was failed to activated.

Activation log:

[javac] Compiling 103 source files to D:\TEMP\CBS\203\.B\24092\t\33BA608D79E5998A4B190FD14A34B2F7\classes

[javac] ERROR: D:\TEMP\CBS\203\.B\24092\t\33BA608D79E5998A4B190FD14A34B2F7\gen_wdp\packages\com\xxxx\ep\xxx\xxx\model\transferviewer3\Request_Start.java:14: package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci does not exist

[javac] ERROR: public final class Request_Start extends com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci.WSTypedModelClassExecutable

[javac] ERROR: ^

[javac] ERROR: D:\TEMP\CBS\203\.B\24092\t\33BA608D79E5998A4B190FD14A34B2F7\gen_wdp\packages\com\xxxxx\ep\xxxx\xxx\model\transferviewer3\TransferViewer3.java:14: package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci does not exist

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

Did you try performing the local build first before activating?

was it successful or not?

When you activate your activity, CBS triggers the Central Build operation. In which it will look for the build time dependencies that are needed in order to make your DC build successful. If any of those dependencies are missing then it will result into the Activation Failure.

From your error, it looks like your DC is using some other dependent DC which may not possibly be present (checked into) in DTR.

But, it is present in your Local Track workspace, so may be your Local Build might have successfully happened, but due to absence of the same dependent DC in DTR, activation is resulting into failure.

Hope it will help, let us know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas Pandya,

Yes your are right! My DC is using some other dependencies. I fix the structure of SC again (below structure) and try to activate but it's still failed.

- Sofware_component_GENERAL

*SAP-jEE

*SAP_BUILDT

*SAP_JTECHS

- Software_component_UI

*SAP-jEE

*SAP_BUILDT

*SAP_JTECHS

*Sofware_component_GENERAL

When I try to reload + rebuild its finished with Error.

My question: if the local build failed is it possible to activate it?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

You can activate your Source code even if the build operation fails.

When you activate your activities you can select the "Activate even if Build Fails" option checked.

But, it is not recommended to use that option. as the Active workspace of your Track in DTR will be containing the inconsistent code.

If possible can you please post the build error that you are getting.

My gut feel is that you have not added all the required dependencies,

that's why the build operation is resulting in failure.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pandya,

Here some error that I get:

Kind Description Resource Location

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Abort.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Discard.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory GetTransfers.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Request_Abort.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Request_Discard.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Request_GetTransfers.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Request_Restart.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Response_Start.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method createModelClassFactory Start.java line 31

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field TransferViewer3.TYPED_MODEL_INFO TransferViewer3.java line 30

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field VendorAdmWsModel.TYPED_MODEL_INFO VendorAdmWsModel.java line 30

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a type Abort.java line 32

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a type Restart.java line 32

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass Abort.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass AbortResponse.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass Discard.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass GetTransfersResponse.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass DeleteVendor.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass DeleteVendorResponse.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass Request_CreateVendor.java line 14

Error com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model cannot be resolved or is not a valid superclass Request_DeleteVendor.java line 14

Error javax.xml.namespace cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field TransferViewer3.interfaceQName TransferViewer3.java line 23

Error javax.xml.namespace cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field VendorAdmWsModel.interfaceQName VendorAdmWsModel.java line 23

Error The constructor Object(VendorAdmWsModel, ICMIModelClass) is undefined Request_CreateVendor.java line 25

Error The constructor Object(VendorAdmWsModel, ICMIModelClass) is undefined Response_UpdateVendor.java line 25

Error The constructor Object(VendorAdmWsModel, ICMIModelClass) is undefined UpdateVendor.java line 25

Error The constructor Object(VendorAdmWsModel, ICMIModelClass) is undefined UpdateVendorResponse.java line 25

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type DeleteVendor DeleteVendor.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type DeleteVendorResponse DeleteVendorResponse.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_DeleteVendor Request_DeleteVendor.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_Discard Request_Discard.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_GetTransfers Request_GetTransfers.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_GetVendors Request_GetVendors.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_Restart Request_Restart.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_Start Request_Start.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Request_UpdateVendor Request_UpdateVendor.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_Abort Response_Abort.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_CreateVendor Response_CreateVendor.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_DeleteVendor Response_DeleteVendor.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_Discard Response_Discard.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_GetTransfers Response_GetTransfers.java line 21

Error The method associatedModel() is undefined for the type Response_GetVendors Response_GetVendors.java line 21

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Response_CreateVendor VendorAdmWsModel.java line 64

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Response_DeleteVendor VendorAdmWsModel.java line 62

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Response_Discard TransferViewer.java line 58

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Response_GetTransfers TransferViewer.java line 52

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Response_GetVendors VendorAdmWsModel.java line 61

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type Start TransferViewer3.java line 40

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type StartResponse TransferViewer3.java line 38

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type TaskInfo TransferViewer.java line 53

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type UpdateVendor VendorAdmWsModel.java line 59

Error The method createModelClassFactory() is undefined for the type UpdateVendorResponse VendorAdmWsModel.java line 65

Error The method createTypedModelInfo() is undefined for the type TransferViewer TransferViewer.java line 30

Error The method createTypedModelInfo() is undefined for the type TransferViewer3 TransferViewer3.java line 30

Error The method createTypedModelInfo() is undefined for the type VendorAdmWsModel VendorAdmWsModel.java line 30

Error The method execute() is undefined for the type Request_Abort TransferViewer.java line 371

Error The method getAttributeValueAsBoolean(String) is undefined for the type Object DestinationInfo.java line 112

Error The method getAttributeValueAsBoolean(String) is undefined for the type Object DestinationInfo.java line 242

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_Abort Request_Abort.java line 60

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_CreateVendor Request_CreateVendor.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_CreateVendor Request_CreateVendor.java line 60

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_DeleteVendor Request_DeleteVendor.java line 46

for the type Request_GetVendors Request_GetVendors.java line 60

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_Restart Request_Restart.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_Restart Request_Restart.java line 60

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_Start Request_Start.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_Start Request_Start.java line 60

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Request_UpdateVendor Request_UpdateVendor.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Response_Start Response_Start.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type Response_UpdateVendor Response_UpdateVendor.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObject(String) is undefined for the type UpdateVendor UpdateVendor.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObjects(String) is undefined for the type GetTransfersResponse GetTransfersResponse.java line 46

Error The method getRelatedModelObjects(String) is undefined for the type GetVendorsResponse GetVendorsResponse.java line 46

Error The method removeRelatedModelObject(String, DestinationInfo) is undefined for the type GetVendorsResponse GetVendorsResponse.java line 66

Error The method removeRelatedModelObject(String, TaskInfo) is undefined for the type GetTransfersResponse GetTransfersResponse.java line 66

Error The method setAttributeValue(String, String) is undefined for the type Object Abort.java line 52

Error The method setAttributeValueAsBoolean(String, boolean) is undefined for the type Object DestinationInfo.java line 117

Error The method setAttributeValueAsBoolean(String, boolean) is undefined for the type Object DestinationInfo.java line 247

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, AbortResponse) is undefined for the type Response_Abort Response_Abort.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, CreateVendor) is undefined for the type Request_CreateVendor Request_CreateVendor.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, CreateVendorResponse) is undefined for the type Response_CreateVendor Response_CreateVendor.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, Discard) is undefined for the type Request_Discard Request_Discard.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, GetTransfersResponse) is undefined for the type Response_GetTransfers Response_GetTransfers.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, GetVendors) is undefined for the type Request_GetVendors Request_GetVendors.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, GetVendorsResponse) is undefined for the type Response_GetVendors Response_GetVendors.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, Response_Abort) is undefined for the type Request_Abort Request_Abort.java line 66

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, Response_CreateVendor) is undefined for the type Request_CreateVendor Request_CreateVendor.java line 66

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, Response_DeleteVendor) is undefined for the type Request_DeleteVendor Request_DeleteVendor.java line 66

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, Response_Discard) is undefined for the type Request_Discard Request_Discard.java line 66

Error The method setRelatedModelObject(String, UpdateVendorResponse) is undefined for the type Response_UpdateVendor Response_UpdateVendor.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObjects(String, List) is undefined for the type GetTransfersResponse GetTransfersResponse.java line 52

Error The method setRelatedModelObjects(String, List) is undefined for the type GetVendorsResponse GetVendorsResponse.java line 52

Error TYPED_MODEL_INFO cannot be resolved TransferViewer.java line 61

Error TYPED_MODEL_INFO cannot be resolved VendorAdmWsModel.java line 52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas Pandya,

After adding all the required dependencies, I'm able to build without error.

when I try to activate the activities in activation request, only the first activation was success and the second one failed.what does its mean?

FYI, I'm able to release my activities in transport view and its exist in CMS but the DC is not appear in my portal.

(content admin > Web dynpro)

Kindly please advice

Edited by: Hafizah Kamarudin on Feb 21, 2011 1:22 PM

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

Consider the following scenario for your explanation.

1) You have done one set of modifications in your DC, which are wrapped inside Activity1.

2) You have done some other set of modifications that are wrapped inside Activity2.

3) You have Checked-In both the activities.

3) Now, if you are saying that activation of the first activity went successful, that means the changes that you have made associated with activity 1 were also able to build successfully from your local machine before you checked-in that activities.

4) And if activation of the Activity2 fails, that means the changes that you had made associated with activity-2 did not build successfully from your local machine before you checked-in that activities.

Now for you second problem.

1) Assuming that you want to transport a webdynpro application "wdApp1" from your development system to quality system.

2) Now assuming that you have already tested your DC successfully in Development (i.e. You have already CHECKED-IN, ACTIVATED and RELEASED your activities from NWDS).

3) As you have said that these Activities are also appearing in your CMS after releasing.

But you are unable to see the DC in content admin.

Please clarify content admin of which portal Development or Quality?

If you are trying to say that in Quality Portal your DC is missing inside Content Admin-WebDynpro, then it's working as expected.

Because, you did not complete the full complete the full transport process.

Here, i am continuing from the step-3 which is mentioned above

4) after you see the activity in "Consolidation" view in CMS Web interface, import them.

5) Now, goto "Assembly" view and assemble all changes.

6) Assembly step will result in creation of .SCA file that will contain all your latest changes.

7) Now this .SCA file you can import in your Quality Portal System.

😎 After successful import into Quality system you will be able to see the application under Content Admin.

Let us know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas Pandya,

What I mean by second activation is like in this: [image|http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7320/activationb.png]

(what does its mean?)

but event it failed in second activation I'm able to release it to CMS in consolidation tab.The problem now is when I try look at my portal Development the DC is not there.(login to DEV portal -> content admin -> webDynpro -> Deployed content)

I checked in DTR the file is there -> in active WS.

REgards,

Fieza

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

If you can't see anything under...

Content Administration >> Web Dynpro >> Deployed Content

in you Development Portal, then you can click on the Search button with following values.

Object Type: All

Object Name: *

There is one more way to find out whether your DC has been deployed or not.

Open the below mentioned path in your Development Portal...

Content Administration >> Web Dynpro Applications

under the above mentioned path look for your DC and expand it to preview the applications it contains.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I can't search with this value

Search Name: *

I just able to search it

Object Type: All

Search in : Name of DC

but nothing happen when I try serach with the follwing value.

For the second issue:

when I try to expend the DC, there is no application or compents exist.

but then when I click second time I got an error message:

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.deployment.core.ClassLoaderException: Classloader of 'company.com/DC~NAME' is null, even though application is started.

Thanks

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

According to your finding it appears to be that your DC is not deployed on the J2EE engine.

But, If the application is running as you have mentioned, then it means that your application has indeed been deployed and it must appear under the deployed component list as i had mentioned previously.

Please check it once again and confirm.

Also the image link that you have provided for explaining the second activation scenario is blocked. If possible kindly update the link so that I can check it.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here the image link that explaining about the second activation failed.

[Image|http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rKzuztcUH5M/TWp86Tk03BI/AAAAAAAAALc/fC0ebpmOZwA/s1600/activation.PNG]

I have check but its only appear the DC name without any content/ application.

- then I try to create a new DC with different name but same content

-I get the same error in second activation

-check under the deployment content -> the DC doesn't exist.

So conclusion I aggree with you that my development is not deployed in the J2EE engine.

Any suggestion to solved this issue?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

Good to see your reply. Thank you for sharing the image it's appearing now.

Kindly perform the following operations and revert with your results.

1) Perform the DC build operation from Development configuration perspective,and tell me whether it is successful or not.

2) If possible, please share the activation log, after performing the activate operation.

3) Please check the Test Runtime system of your track inside landscape configurator. Ensure that Deploy Host, Deploy Port, Deploy User, Deploy Password parameters are set correctly. And the "Disable Automatic Deployment" check box in unchecked.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding to your suggestion se my comment below :

Good to see your reply. Thank you for sharing the image it's appearing now.

Kindly perform the following operations and revert with your results.

1) Perform the DC build operation from Development configuration perspective,and tell me whether it is successful or not.

• Its successful without error but with a few warning. where I think it consider ok right?

2) If possible, please share the activation log, after performing the activate operation.

• can you give me your E.m.a.i.l add so I can send you this activation log.. It's quit long to paste here.

3) Please check the Test Runtime system of your track inside landscape configurator. Ensure that Deploy Host, Deploy Port,

Deploy User, Deploy Password parameters are set correctly. And the "Disable Automatic Deployment" check box in unchecked.

*yes the Disable automatic Deployment is unchecked. and all info mention above is the correct one.

Regards,

Hafizah

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

Kindly upload the Log file on some hosting site and provide the link here.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Here the link -> [ Longfile|https://sites.google.com/site/logfile56231/log/iris_conf_ini.doc?attredirects=0&d=1]

Regards,

Hafizah

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah.

I have checked the Log file.

I couldn't find any inconsistencies in that. The end result of says that the build was successful.

In normal Activation process the the left column should show the success status and the right column should show the man running status.

Can you please select that activity and expand the DCs under Activation Results (Inside Activation Requests View -same view shown in your image)

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas Pandya,

For your info, that is how I get the activation log that I provide to you. (click on view Activation Log)

It show the success status on the DCs name.

REgards,

Hafizah

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

It seems like your Activity is getting Build properly but the changes related to your activity are not getting deployed on the J2EE engine.

Please check the default trace logs immediately after performing the "Activate" operation once again.

Over there, you will definitely find the root cause why the deployment in not happening.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From the default trace logs I found this 2 possibilities :

[default trace|https://sites.google.com/site/logfile56231/home/default-trace/defaulttrace1.txt?attredirects=0&d=1]

FYI:

I try create a new track and deployed it in new project track system but still the same result.

could you kindly advice?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizah,

From the default trace it is very much clear that you have created 2 diferent webdynpro DC projects but in both the WebDynpro DCs you have created the application with the same name and same package.

Please undeploy the previouse DC having the same application name under the same package.

Then try to deploy your current DC.

Please go through the below references for getting more clarity...

[SAP Note 784677|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=784677&nlang=E&smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp110%2esap-ag%2ede]

[Webdynpro DC fails to deploy|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/2007/04/25/]

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Solved this issue after I set this setting in VA

[Link|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=221288693]

Regards,

Hafizah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hafizah,

In DTR, each DC inside "DCs" folder of the workspace has an entry point reference file inside the "SCs" folder with the extension ".dcref"

(E.g. If a DC named "xyz" is present inside "DCs" folder then a file named "xyz.dcref" will be found inside "SCs")

So, even if you delete all the DCs that are present under the "DCs" folder, but do not delete those ".dcref" files specific to each of those deleted DCs then, the deletion process is said to be partial & hence results into inconsistencies.

So I would recommend you to first check whether those files with ".dcref" extensions are also deleted inside "SCs" folder or not?

I hope my inputs may lead you to the right direction in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya