cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade eSourcing from version 5.1.8 Patch 3 to 5.1.8 Patch 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please some one can guide me How to upgrade eSourcing from version 5.1.8 Patch 3 to 5.1.8 Patch 4 since i am new in CLM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gadewar,

First of all make sure you read all the details given in the Upgrade Guide located at "Installation and Upgrade Guide"->SAP SRM->SAP E-Sourcing 5.1/SAP CLM 2.0->E-Sourcing 5.1/CLM 2.0 Component Upgrade Guide PDF at service.sap.com/support website.

Note you need to have the support account to login to that website.

How ever I am listing down basic steps required for upgrade below.

1) Download the installables from the website I did mention above, have DB jar, have custom jar (optional).

2) Take backup of the DB.

3) Take backup of Config folder. Also take backup of the <home Dir>/Lib if you have some customizations in the form of JARS.

3) Make sure the userid which is used for connection to DB have the required permission like CONNECT, RESOURCE, UNLIMITED TABLESPACE etc. It is given in the guide I mentioned above in section 4.1 Verify Privileges of Oracle Service Account.

4) Stop ESO instance and run the setup and then upgrade scripts.

5) Undeploy the old ESO application from App server and then deploy new .EAR from new <home dir>/fsapp on the app server.

6) Start the app server and your ESO will be ready. You may need to use Workbooks to upload Localized Resources. This is the case if you have modified some OOTB localized resources in the past as a part of customization and have not used the overrides to give new resource values. If you have used overrides for localized resources in the past then you are good and need not to load the workbook.

Again usage of Workbook depends on the requirement to requirement. You may need to use workbook based upon your business needs.

Make sure you have not modified any OOTB query definitions as a part of customizations, if that is the case you will loose those query definitions as upgrade scripts overrides OOTB queries and then you should backup those as well before upgrade and then you may re-pull them after upgrade.

Regards,

Jagjeet Singh

Edited by: ESO123 on Feb 2, 2011 8:54 PM