Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.1SP5 / SQL Server 2005 / Can't save IDM_DataSource

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Having a problem with the Web UI.

When I try to log in I get the message: Access Denied! Service is Down!

As noted above, I am using IDM 7.1 SP5 with NW7.0P20 on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.

I have ensured that I am using the correct SQLJDBC.JAR (it is not 0 bytes)

When I try to save the IDM_DataSource I am also recieving Java Exceptions (I can post them if they would be helpful)

I've tried this with the version 2 and version 3 SQLJDBC.JAR. I've also confirmed the JDBC connection string using a JAVA SQL Client (SQUIRREL)

I've also checked all of the settings with another system that IS working and do not see any differences. (I also brought the SQLJDBC.JAR from my working instance over to the non working instance)

Any insight as to why the IDM_DataSource is not saving would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are all IDM Applications running? (Check in the NWA)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, when I checked Visual Administrator tcidmjmx~model was not running nor was ~workflow.

I started both of them and tried to save the IDM_DataSource, no luck.

Then deleted the IDM_DataSource, stopped NetWeaver, Restarted it, (needed to start those to applications again) and recreated the DataSource. No luck.

I tried to paste in the stack trace but it was too big. I can send it to you by email if it would be helpful.

I'm baffled. Could it be a bad NW install? The server was just rebuilt and NetWeaver was reinstalled.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never had the problem I could not create IDM_DataSource.

Even if the JDBC File is 0, it should at least be created but will not come up.

There might be a problem with the AS Java install.

Usually IDM doesn't really "complain" a lot as it even runs on old MiniSAP for lab purposes.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I know. I run my personal instance on 32 bit NetWeaver Developer Workplace.

I'm starting to think it's a bad install as well.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure the JDBC string is correct? I made a small typo in this once and got something similar...

Hope this helps,

Ian

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

Yes, I confirmed the JDBC connection using the SQUIRREL JAVA front end. Do you know a better tool to use for this?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can see this thread is still unanswered.

I had the same issue, however there is an older thread which seems to answer this issue.

Search for a thread titled "JDBCConnector_IDM_DataSource.xml failed to start".

In it, a note "Note 639702" is mentioned which basically guides you to the correct JDBC driver.

/Niels

Answers (0)