cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass User Maintenance in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

is there a way to do mass user maintenance in EP (7.01) just like we use SU10 in the ABAP stack? We need to change the user mapping for system access for all users (400+) for MDM catalog integration.

Any help is appreciated.

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Yes, you can create a Portal role/group and add the users to that group.

But could you please elaborate on the requirement, "We need to change the user mapping for system access for all users "?

Thanks.

Sushil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can leverage mass updates to users by using the <protocol>//<host>:<port>/useradmin IMPORT tool to import see the following documentation on import notation formats:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/en/48/a96f43db653206e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-107900

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil/Basis Team,

I have a request to add multiple groups to one single user in Portal can it be done? If yes, Please provide me the template. It would be very helpful and its little Urgent..

Regards,

Pavan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If your requirement is just to assign user groups to a single user who exists in the Portal, you can do that through Identity Management by searching for the user and by modifying the assigned groups.

If the user does not exist in the Portal and you wish to import the user and assign the groups simultaneously, you can use the Import feature of UME. Using the import functionality, all the user information will get imported, including the roles and groups assigned. Please refer to the below format:

[User]

uid=userid

last_name=Lastname

first_name=Firstname

language=en

accessibility=0

role=pcd:portal_content/com.sap.portal.xxx;

group=Administrators;

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag. But small clarification i'm here want to just add the groups(around 100) to the user already existing in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I think that you can still use the import functionality to update the UME groups.

Just try once with the below format:

[User]

uid=userid

last_name=Lastname

first_name=Firstname

language=en

accessibility=0

group=Grp1;Grp2;...Grp100

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the user master record in EP, there's a tab called "User Mapping for System Access" which is used for SSO solutions.

Let me give it a try and see if I can maintain that tab for the group and assign users to the group.

Thanks for the input.

Marco

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

To use "User Mapping for System Access" in system definition you need to maintain user mapping data, you can not use "SAPLogonTicket".

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Sorry your question is not very clear.

Do you want to change the user id in User mapping for system access for all 400 users.

You can try this with the Import feature in User Admin.

Try to have the user entries like this

[User]

uid=user0002

$usermapping$:BCE:user=ext_user0002

$usermapping$:BCE:mappedpassword=initial1

where, BCE is the system alias for the system.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done mass user upload but i didn't get how to update start date , end date field.

I have updated users as follows

[User]

UID=user0002

Password=initial1

First_Name=Mikhail

Last_Name=Nikolaivich