Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Version

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can you plz let me know what is the use of Content version & Additional files , explain with business example.

I have created a DIR (DocNo: DOC-1, version: 00, Doctype: TST) and attached a original PDF file for the DIR. If i do any changes in PDF, should i create new content version or new DIR version. If we have to capture all the changes as new content version then what is the use of new DIR version. When can a new DIR version be created?

If we can attach the additional files with a Original document then "what is the use of Docpart of a DIR"

Harris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you plz let me know what is the use of .....Additional files ,

Additional files are sub files of an original file.A couple of usage scenarios would be:

- You check in a HTML document as an original file, then all the supporting files like images etc can be stored as additional files so that you may view the entire HTML file successfully the next time it is accessed.

- You have checked-in a MS powerpoint presentation which has an excel file inserted in it.Now when you access the presentation,you will be able to access the excel file in it only if it is also checked in as an additional file.

"what is the use of Docpart of a DIR"

Document parts feature is used to subdivide a complex document into several sub-documents. Document parts can be used as follows:

- You can enter individual sheets of a complex design drawing as document parts for a document number.

- You can manage documents in different languages. You can enter a document in Spanish under a different document part than the same document in French.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Document Info Record versions are used to represent the different changes or delivery statuses of a document. They are used to document a processing status to the entire Document Info Record(Document meta data + Originals) in a complex change process.

Content version refers to versions of a original in a Document Info Record(DIR).If the Content Version option is active for a document type(enabled in DC10 transaction while defining Document Types), you can see them under the Orginals tab in a DIR and against them the status and details of that particular content version like Status Txt / User / Date/Time would be shown.

have created a DIR (DocNo: DOC-1, version: 00, Doctype: TST) and attached a original PDF file for the DIR. If i do any changes in PDF, should i create new content version or new DIR version

Hence,in your case,as you are modifying your original/pdf file and the requirement mandates you to maintain a original/pdf file version,then a new content version must be created.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar