Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen element grayed out. Is this an authority issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Certain high level users need to use a mass update button within transaction FAGLL03. One of the users has SAP_ALL, the other was the main person who did implementation and configuration. Neither can use the mass update button when the postings for one company is being reviewed. This company has several line items that need to be updated. But we discovered that a different company code lets us call up the mass update.

We cannot find any reason for the difference. I would think SAP_ALL would allow everything. They say it is not in the config.

I am the Basis admin, I create all of the users and do all of the security. I have used st01 to trace the activity but haven't seen anything that these users don't have access to. I searched in the Finance forum without any luck, other than to see people refered over to their Basis people.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thanks,

Pat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patricia,

Do you have any users who CAN perform this function? If so you may want to check if the button is a function of a setting in the parameters tab of the users.

I have seen functions internal to specific transactions be set by these. I am also a basis admin, and so I also looked for authorizations as the first possibility.

Try looking over the users PARAMETERS if SAP_ALL is having no effect and ST01 traces yield nothing.

Edited by: Ben Daniels on Jan 26, 2011 1:24 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patricia,

Do you have any users who CAN perform this function? If so you may want to check if the button is a function of a setting in the parameters tab of the users.

I have seen functions internal to specific transactions be set by these. I am also a basis admin, and so I also looked for authorizations as the first possibility.

Try looking over the users PARAMETERS if SAP_ALL is having no effect and ST01 traces yield nothing.

Edited by: Ben Daniels on Jan 26, 2011 1:24 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response.

Yes we did think about user parameters and there are a couple with the fagll03 name, but nothing company specific. We tried to trick the system by first including both companies in the selection, which brought in the mass update button. Then we filtered out the company we don't want included. The button is available but the update did not work.

I feel this is a program bug and have suggested to my FI people to submit a customer message.

Or it could be some obscure company specific configuration.

Regards,

Pat

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it might not be related to missing authorizations. If you have some basic debugging skills then you can put a break point into routine apply_mass_change of function group FAGL_ITEMS_DISPLAY and check which items are passed to FM FAGL_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE. This FM just calls FB02 to update items. There is some basic logic for selecting these lines.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We did do more debugging and it turns out to be a Finance issue. The specific account type will never allow a mass update.

So thanks for the help.

Pat