cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Visa Credit Card Transaction into SAP HR Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to SAP HR Travel Management. My client supplies the Visa credit cards to their employees for corporate transaction use.

These are reimbursed to the employee and not paid by the company..meaning that the employee needs to pay the amount to the credit card companies.

I have seen some config steps such as

1 ) we need to assign Transaction Keys to each expense types.

What does this means.. we have 10 diff expense types such as Lodging, AIrfare, Meals, and others. Where do we get the transaction keys from and is it unique to each expense type. Who will provide the transaction Keys. Is it client or visa card company?

2) Need to convert the Visa file to SAP format.

What do we need to do. I have seen their visa file and it has 54 columns ...I am unable to understand how this can be mapped in SAP.

Please let me know what details I need to know from the client.

Looking forward for your help.

Regards,

SAP HCM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

I have a very similar issue in my project. But the first question that remains is, whether the report RPRCCC00 is able to interpret and upload the Visa file (vcf 4) by itself, or does this need any sort of custom development/conversion before being able to be uploaded into SAP.

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company uses MasterCard for corporate travel expenses. MC sends the expenses in an electronic file to us. To each expense in the file, MC assigns an expense type as defined by them (transaction keys in SAPese). I think they have about 16 currently, such as hotel, train, tolls, post, others, flight, car rental, etc.

In configuration in Travel Expenses> Master Data> Credit Card Clearing--> Define Assignment Table for Credit Card Clearing, we created an entry for each of the MC transaction keys and mapped them to our company expense types. We do not have a one-to-one correlation as we have many more expense types than MC has transaction keys.

In field 'Changeability' on each transaction key to company expense type mapping config, you have the ability to limit, to prevent, or make the transaction key permissible for use with any expense type (see the 3 options in the drop-down list of the 'Changeability' field). For some transaction keys, we limited the user's ability to choose only certain of our company expense types (see section 'Change Options for Expense Types' in the config screen. Example: For MC's transaction key RENTAL.CAR, we will not allow the user to change to any other expense type. For MC's transaction key POSTAGE, we allow the user to change only to a personal expense type, meaning the POSTAGE transaction key is mapped only to our expense types for postage/shipping and personal expense. For other MC transaction keys, we allow the user to choose any expense type.

Our company used AMEX previously and they had similar transaction keys. So I would expect that Visa has similar keys attached to each expense they send to you in their expense files.

Hope this helped...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I really appreciate for your response. Your inputs are really valuable.

I have few more things to be clarified. Appreciate if you can respond.

1 ) Visa is supplying us 8 Transaction Keys such as

A=HOTELu2026..

C=MILEAGEu2026

D=CASH.ADV..

M=MEALSu2026..

P=FLIGHTu2026.

T=TRAINu2026..

R=CAR.RENTAL

K=COMMUNICAT

O=OTHERSu2026.

And we have 10 expense types such as

Lodging

Airfare

Office Supplies

Telephone/Internet

Travel

Personnel Meals

Meeting

Bus and transit

R.car/Gas/Parking/Toll ( These all are in one )

Postage.

Now how to assign the above 8 transaction keys to the 10 expense types. And also do we need to create categories A,C,D,M,P,T,R,K and O some where in travel management as I cannot see any node to create the categories. Do I need to just leave the way its coming in the file.

Visa is sending the file in .txt

Regards,

SAP HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the mappings are obvious:

Visa A Your lodging

Visa R Your Rental car/Gas/Park/Toll

Visa M Your Personnal meals

The rest are not so obvious. For that reason, we gave our credit card provider's transaction keys to Accounts Payable and asked them to map to our company's list of expense keys. Based on their response, we mapped the incoming transaction keys to our expense types.

You will find the majority of incoming expenses are going to be mapped to 'Other' transaction key. For that reason, we had to set up an expense type TMIS to map 'Other' transaction key to. In the expense report, TMIS expense type defaults when the ee pulls the expense from the credit card buffer. But we prevent the ee from saving an expense report with expense type TMIS on it. In other words, the ee is forced to choose a 'real' expense type from the drop-down list. Accounts Payable does not accept expense reports with miscellaneous receipts. Where and how this is done, I can't answer as I am not an ABAPer. I suspect it occurs in a user exit. Procedurally, managers are supposed to look for miscellaneous receipts if one somehow escapes the system check. Accounts Payable also makes this an audit point in their procedure.

Depending on the TPV, our ees have 40-60 expense types from which to select when they add a receipt to an expense report. Accounts Payable wants a more granular breakdown of expenses and they are the source of the expense types we configured. For example, where you have Rental car/Gas/Parking/Tolls in your company, we have 4 expense types, one for each receipt type.

A word of caution: Make sure Visa really truly only has 8 transaction keys. We thought that same thing about MasterCard. Then we began receiving expenses with other transaction keys. The initial list they provided as the most commonly used transaction keys. We finally got an entire list of their transaction keys and they have more than 8 or 10. Saves lots of rework...one transaction key at a time.

0 Kudos

For the second question please check the report RPRCCC00 as you can import credit card files coming

from VISA. Please review the documentation of the report as well as the further customizing activities for credit card clearing.

There is documentation also in feature TRVPA via Tcode PE03

Also check the documentation for IMG activity "Define assignment Table for Credit Card Clearing"

As a basic start this should help!