cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement Strategy: 10 Anonymous make-to stock production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I'm trying to test the requirement strategy 10 - Anonymous make-to stock production and I'd expect that the good issue should consume the forecast as explained in the SAP help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e6/28dadc939241469dd64f0eb925f328/content.htm

"SAP APO delivers standard requirement strategies:

10 Anonymous make-to stock production

In this strategy no consumption takes place. The planned independent requirements are reduced when the goods issue is posted in SAP R/3

....."

I have create a sales orders in R/3, I have the Integration model properly configured (sales orders and requirement reduction are flagged) but when I post good issue the forecast is not reduced.

I have changed the master data to the strategy "20 Planning with final assembly", and in that case, the forecast is reduced either by sales orders and by good issues.

In customizing I have the same category group for both the requirement strategies.

Any idea how can I consume the forecast only at good issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards

A.M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mantione,

The allocation indicator in R/3 and assignment mode in APO should definitely be same, then only consumption will happen. Please see the check mode in APO and requirements class in R/3 also. Usually 50 will be used for requirements class, but it is a general rule that for consumption to happen requirements class and allocation indicator(in R/3) should match with check mode and assignment mode respectively(in APO) along with the consumption mode and related strategies.

You can check the consulting note 159937 for the prerequisites for consumption to take place.

So i kindly request you to maintain similar settings and re-test your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mantione,

Please can you check whether on the R/3 side the strategy maintained is 10 for the corresponding material and the allocation indicator in R/3 and the assignment mode in APO is the same? Also the same consumption mode is to be maintained in both the systems.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mantione,

You may need to go through the below things in details

1. check Strategies in both APO & R/3

2. Check the consumption mode & backward/foreward consumption value

3. Check the requirement strategy details.

4. You need to understand the categories in the category group that is geting consumed

Keep in mind the diference between "consumption" and "reduction" for forecast. As a document flow is completed the forecast gets reduced.

This may would help you find where the issue lies.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nithin,

the strategy maintained in R/3 is 10 (like in APO) and the consumption mode is the same in both systems.

However, the allocation indicator is:

- 1 in r/3 (Consume planning with assembly)

while the assignment mode in APO is:

- No assignment

Can this be the issue ?

Should I change the allocation indicator in R/3 from 1 (Consume planning with assembly) to blank(No consumption with customer requirements) or the assignment mode in APO ?

Thanks

Alessandro