cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autologin to SAP for monitoring purposes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forumusers!

For a costumer we need to provide different monitoring operations.

One request is to monitor the login functionality. We need to (try to) login into SAP System with an (non-)existing user. So we can show our customer from the logfiles the SAP System was online and handled the login requests.

Therefor we tried different options like "AutoIT" - Scripts in combination with scheduled tasks.

The problem about scheduled tasks is the absence of graphical user interfaces, so an AutoIT Script calling SAP GUI fails / only works in active sessions.

Is there any commandline tool to simulate login to SAP (Based on a connection string or Logon.ini)?

Best regards and many thanks!

Michael

Edited by: Michael Magnus on Jan 26, 2011 4:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't have clear answer for you, but can give some my idea.

maybe you can use command line for SAPGUI toot like

C:Program FilesSAPFrontEndSAPgui>SAPgui.exe /H/11.22.33.44/S/3299/H/55.66.77.88/S/3200

Or you can the shortcut of sapgui for command line tool

SAPnote 146173 - SAPshortcut: Saving password in SAPshortcut

Or you can use SAPGUI scripting, I don't know if this is really helpful for you.

Kind regards,

Yoshi Kobayashi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any commandline tool to simulate login to SAP (Based on a connection string or Logon.ini)?

There is a bunch of them, for example [startrfc|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=startrfc]

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

The operations using SAPGui (e.g. via link-file), always failed because of the absence of Userinterfaces when Windows executes scheduled tasks.

We now set up a short VBScript using the SAP RFC. It is a quick and dirty script but anyway it seems to work.

Best regards

Michael