SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate invoicing - Pass Aggregate invoice number into individual IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following requirement to be implemented while performing aggregation.

I need to send to send individual IDocs and individual RDIs to the supplier (very much a standard process and is already implemented).

The catch is that I need to send the IDoc (rather generate the IDocs) after aggregation.

Why?... because I need to send the aggregate invoice number to the supplier in the individual IDoc ...

Current implementation and process flow is -

Scenario1

1. EASIBI (indiv. invoice)

2. REDISND1 (to generate indiv. idoc + rdi)

3. ETHI (generate FICA aggr. invoice)

4. EA10_AGGRBILL (generate Billing aggr. invoice)

5. EA29_AGGRBILL (print aggr. invoice)

So at the time of Indiv. IDoc generation(REDISND1), the aggregation is not yet done hence not available to be sent to the supplier.

Scenario2

Is it possible to modify the current process flow where ???

1. EASIBI (indiv. invoice)

2. ETHI (generate FICA aggr. invoice)

3. EA10_AGGRBILL (generate Billing aggr. invoice)

4. REDISND1 (to generate indiv. idoc + rdi)

5. EA29_AGGRBILL (print aggr. invoice)

I have tried various config combinations but have been unable to achieve scenario 2..

Also, just incase the above is not possible to implement (through standard config.) any alternative suggestion as to how can I achieve the business requriement? Is there some work-around this?..

Any kind of help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Averil Lobo

2 REPLIES 2

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to change in the Service provider agreement, parameter "Type of Bill Issue" for the deregulation process INV_OUT,, you have there following options:

00 Send Nothing

01 Send Individual Bills Before Aggregated Posting

02 Send Aggregated Bills with Detailed Statement

03 Send Aggregated Bills Without Detailed Statement

04 Send Ind. Bills Before Aggregated Posting with Aggr. Bills

If there is no option for you, then it should be implemented for deregulation process INV_OUT. In this case it is reference structure INV_PARAM_INV_OUTBOUND_THI for deregulation process INV_OUT.

If you would like to use as the reference in the RFF segment of the INVOIC IDoc the aggregation invoice number, then you can set up in the DEx process "Datex sending type" to NO SEND. The individual IDocs will be generated but not send immediately. After that you can adjust those IDocs with aggregated invoice number (should work).

Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vlado for your reply. Since yesterday I have been doing some analysis and found some sort of resolution to my problem

Firstly, regarding your reply.

1. I have tried previously changing the 'Bill issue'. Sending individual IDocs is only permitted with 01 and 04. And for my specific scenario i can use only 4. So this change is ruled out.

2. When you say readjust IDoc... Do you mean modify the IDocs either through a customized program (Z program) to update the IDocs or BD87? What i understand is that once the IDocs have been created successfully they cannot be reprocessed.

Secondly, the conclusion from my analysis - This is what im thinking of doing

1. EASIBI (indiv. invoice) (entry made in DFKKTHI, thist = blank)

2. REDISND1

(Generate rdi but do not generate the IDoc. Not generating the IDoc will be possible by raising a message in the Z COMPR by checking if aggregation was performed. But more importantly DFKKTHI-THIST will be updated to status 6 )

3. ETHI (generate FICA aggr. invoice)

4. EA10_AGGRBILL (generate Billing aggr. invoice)

5. REDISND1 (This time run the report in re-process IDoc mode. Since aggregate invoices are generated no error will be raised in the Z COMPR and the IDocs will be generated )

6. EA29_AGGRBILL (print aggr. invoice)

Do let me know what you think of this approach ... I haven't tried it as yet but hopeful that it will work ..

Thanks alot for your time.