cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with with 3rd Party Document management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing Invoice Management in SAP, using the Opentext VIM ECC Addon.

The Customer has a 3rd Party Document Management System called DocHarbour which is NOT Archivelink enabled.

The process flow is that Invoices will be scanned and available in a share drive somewhere.

Using SAP and Invoice Management Work, we would like to attached these documents to the relevant SAP Documents, and then post them to the 3rd Party Doc Management System , but the Images must be retreival in SAP at any time .

Everything tells me the 3rd party Doc Management System needs to be ArchiveLink enabled for this work.

Is anyone able to shed any light on this issue , provide possible solutions , workarounds or infor ?

Any help or information appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It must be ArchiveLink enabled for use with SAP Invoice Management by Open Text if you intend using another ECM system as a repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, this confirms my suspicions.

Is there anything in "writing" in the way of documentation , helpfiles...etc that expcitly says this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'd need to check the Open Text documentation for something but I'm not aware of any specifics in writing from SAP themselves. The configurations manual should list the software dependencies and one of these would be the content server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Minesh

My suggestion would be use SAP Content server provided by SAP as is easily available and easy to setup.

Doing Integration with third party involves much time and efforts.

Client always thinks of Moon. Always show him his city.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande