cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Alert Monitor - Is it possible to add Price or Cost as Column Value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks

I am trying to define a methodology to manage and work on the exceptions in the Alert Monitor,

and I would like to carry on the ABC analysis based on Price or Cost?

The alert monitor was defined prior to my time on this latest project.

Would it be simple to add or difficult to link the price from values from whatever table they come from,

to show as column fields? so they ABC analysis can use that column as the Ratio one?

If anyone think this is feasible let me know.

thanks for your feedback

JD Loera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very much possible. You have to put custom logic in the BADI /sapapo/am_alertlist . It is an easy task but not so simple because it will involve ABAP developement and testing.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Awesome, thanks for the response, I will put that in my project list and will link with the Basis/ABAP team.

Cheers!

Business Procees note to all out there in *APO DP Business Processes and Planning.*

If you use the alert monitor, as you know you can define there macro generated alerts and analyise through the variances from Target and Actual Values.

Also, you can still use the ABC analysis there, to identify A B C of the results that you get ( in the example above, % of variance )

However, from a Business Process bang for your buck and time. By adding the Material Cost or Price, the Demand Planner or SNP Planner can also do the ABC analysis based on the price as well, and really then identify the items with higher value to work with,as those are important to always keep in check. (ABC from the fiancial point of view so to speak)

Cheers all, worth to think about for your own Alert Monitor processes.

JD Loera

Answers (0)