cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Search based on capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

In our warehouse, Paper Roll (Cylindrical Shape) are received in kilograms on pallet & placed in Storage Bin. The storage Bin is open area marked by drawing line. Hence within a Storage Bin, Pallets can be kept one up on other till it touches roof of Warehouse. So Practically capacity of the storage Bin is the open volume (Cubic Meter) which can be used for capacity calculation purpose.

My question is:

how can I check whether sufficent volume is available in the Bin to place a ROLL by using the fields in Storage Bin & Material Master & Customizing. I have already gone through SAP Documents but the methods in it are confusing me.

The SAP Library prerequisite says that the we have to define capacity that is independant of dimension or Unit simply a Number for each Storage Bin.

Many Thanks for help.....

Edited by: Hiren N. Panchal on Jan 26, 2011 8:48 AM

Edited by: Hiren N. Panchal on Jan 26, 2011 8:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain base unit of measure, weight unit/WM weight unit, LE quantity in material master, then define your max base unit of measure in LS01N/Bin, define n activate the put away strategy ( addition to existing stock)

Rgds

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use Capacity Checking Based on a Neutral Indicator in the material. For example:

The material is managed in the base unit of measure u201Cpiecesu201D and has a capacity usage of 11 per piece. Storage Bin 01-01-01 has a capacity of 100.

Nine pieces of the material can be stored in storage bin 01-01-01. This leaves a

remaining capacity of 1.

You should Active capacity check in customizing V_T3010 and use Capacity check method 4. After that assign a value to the material field capacity usage in material master Warehouse managment 1.

At last assign in tx LS02N the Total capacity of the storage bin.

Regards.

Patricio.