Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control and create with reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Professionals,

I would like to clarify the following if correctly understood:

1. without configuring copy control, a document can still be manually created with reference to a preceding document?

eg. enter click the 'create with reference' and then enter the preceding doc number,

2. copying control settings still control the 'create with reference' functionality.

I have a question :

1. if manually create a doc with reference to preceding doc, what setting controls what item category of the item copied into the created doc?

Is it the copy control is still required for create with reference?

Thank you.

regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi john,

this is to inform you that,

1.a. this is the standard behaviour of the system & you are correct.

2.a. yes, it has to be there as a part of STANDARD FUNCTIONALITY.

your query can be explained with an example:

if you copy OR document and changed to ZOR - all the tables which will be linked to that sales order document type will get copied to the ZOR for giving the same functionality as OR.

coming to your query please check in copy control settings and in particular it depends upon your requriment to configure these settings as this plays very important and business process.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John Tivoli

The field "reference mandatory" in VOV8 of sales document header is ONLY to create a document with or without reference to another document.

COpy control settings are configured for the data to flow & how thr data is to be flown from one document to another document.

Hope I am very clear to you.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM/CIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John Tivoli

The field "reference mandatory" in VOV8 of sales document header is ONLY to create a document with or without reference to another document.

COpy control settings are configured for the data to flow & how thr data is to be flown from one document to another document.

Hope I am very clear to you.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM/CIN