cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF: ECC Material without plant assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a question regarding to CIF'ing of ECC materials to APO.

Is it possible to CIF ECC materials to APO without an assignment of a plant to this material? If yes, how is this possible?

We have several materials without such an assignment maintained in ECC (material group packiging material) and they are needed in APO.

Kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

thanks for your answer.

I'm aware that a material without a mapping to plant is not predictable.

The in ECC created material (type packiging material / representing our transportation resources) without a mapped plant should be used as a resource in APO.

Therfore wo won't create all "resources" manually and we would like to use the available material in ECC to map them as a resource in APO.

Kind regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

When I say 'planning system', I am not talking about predictabiity. I am talking about the generic term concerning the management of supply and demand (which is mostly what APO does).

In ECC, a packaging material is not normally treated as a resource. It is a material. It is unclear to me how you are using packaging materials to represent resources.

A Product master can exist in APO without locations assigned. Therefore, I suspect that using enhancements, it might be possible to CIF across only MARA data and not MARC data, but I have never tried it. Perhaps one of the other Gurus can offer additional insights.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

SAP has provided solution for your requirement.

Refer OSS note: 369541 - Transfer of MARA segments to APO &

360723 - Addition of MARA fields to material selection

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

??

APO is a planning system. How do you intend to plan something if it is not assigned to a plant?

Best Regards,

DB49