Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel download to C:\ drive in windows 7 machine

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have started using Windows 7 machine in our organization.Most of the users run SAP reports that download excel output to C:\ drive. After upgrading to Windows 7 from XP they are not able to do this even if they have Administration acccess.We have SAP ECC 6.0 version and we are using the latest GUI for SAP. Can any of you suggest a solution for this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's called "UAC" and described here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511445.aspx

Markus

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't without admin rights, you need to refers to c:\users\ dir or SAPWorkDir

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you change download directory from c:\drive to some other folder? if yes you can change it to documents folder. i think users can change save the files to "documents" folder. it was "my documents" folder in windows xp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, "Administrator" access under XP is much different then administrator access under Windows 7.

In Windows 7, even if you have specified the user as an Admin, they still cannot perform some functions. Microsoft is moving away from users having that ability to assist with limiting of malicious software which can be installed if the user has full access.(and I am sure other reasons) I believe the admin account is even disabled by default in Windows 7.