Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set printer authorization by different transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I met the requirement for authorization of print.

We suppose that allow sales users to print delivery order (VL71) but not allow them to print invoice (VF31).

As I thought if I add transaction to roll, it is available to limit users to execute print transaction.

But howover will it affects on the print by using VF02-Header-output ???

Also We consider to define two devices in SPAD for one printer and authorize it in S_SPO_DEV and then set role for different devices. Is that possible?

In addition, another requiremnt for print is we need to print one documents at two places which means we will print 2 pages of invoice at office and other pages of invoice at 3PL. Can SAP post one print request to 2 different printers at same time?

thank you very much!

Regards,

Yang

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the standard authorization objects doesn't allow to restrict printing to particular transactions. Usually, companies have custom printing programs instead of using standard SAP printing programs. Therefore you can easily add additional authorization check. For example you can create a custom authorization object and user without this object will be able to request print out but it will fail with error message about missing authorization.

You should be able to have multiple output devices for same physical device. Definitely, it's possible for local printer.

There are multiple ways how to achieve this. Probably, the cleanest one is to define two output messages and use them.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

For Multiple output, I'm sorry to bring misunderstanding for that.

My requirement is to set one output for mulitple physical printers.

For example one output message will print at two department, office and warehouse.

It's able to define two output message for one invoice, however I have to select 2 output message at VF31. that will not bring convenience to customers.

So any suggestion for one output reqeusts to 2 or more physical printers?

thanks a lot.

Yang

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if those output messages are created automatically, then this solution shouldn't be a problem. It might be inconvenient if print outs will be requested manually. But you can still write your a simple print program which will call your current printing program twice for different devices. But this solution does not look good to me. For example what will you do if one print out fails?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

Thank you very much for your suggestion

We will try print spool for two physical printers.

Anyway you mentioned that one of the printer failed to print is a risk for the solution.

I will report to users or try two output message instead.

Regards,

Yang

Edited by: Jun Yang on Jan 27, 2011 11:34 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We suppose that allow sales users to print delivery order (VL71) but not allow them to print invoice (VF31).

Have you tried by restricting 04 activity for corresponding objects for these transactions?

Regards,

Arpan Paik