cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - Add a field and fill it automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We would like to add a field in MDM, but also that this field would be automatically fullfilled with the values that exist in the "field" mask.

For example, an article has Mask A, B and C. We would like that this field would be automatically fullfilled with these values " Mask A, B and C.

Is there any ideia you could share?

Thanks in advance,

LM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the fields are already existing in MDM say for example in the main table. Then for the new field, write an expression in the console, so that dynamically it will populate the values ABC to the new field X if A, B and C are values for fields lets say H, I and J.

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

Do you know if there is a field that contains the "Masks" values for a specific record?

I am not finding it...

Regards,

Lígia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello LM

Use assignment for that

More about assignment you can read here(page 278):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.p...

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the document. But I still have this doubt as I can find some fields to assign, but "mask" is not considerated a item catalog field... do you think is there any way to take its value?

Thanks,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lígia

you can modify repository structure - add additional field where you will save "mask"

if your "mask" is constant

assignment working with selected field only but in calculation expression you can use constants, different values from another field or values from LUT

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka