cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help generating XML file for EHP4 upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have downloaded and installed 3 SAP instances: MGR (solution manger); DA1 (ABAP stack of EHP4 Ready ERP); DJ1 (J2EE stack of EHP4 Ready ERP).

DA1 is maintained in MGR's system landscape, and I'm able to use maintenance optimizer to calculate support stacks. However, I'm find it impossible to create a XML file that is works with EHPI + the DVD media supplied through service marketplace. Notes indicated that EHP4 SP2 was the comprable support stack for my current "EHP4 ready" system; however, that has led to errors in the planning phases of EHPI.

Thank you,

Zach

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the problem in getting stack xml file from solution manager ?

Check SAP Note 1134872 - Maintenance Optimizer FAQ for Stack Delta Files.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Thank you for the note. Just for some clarification, is the "stack delta file" the technical name for the generated XML file? If that is the case, then I've had zero problems generating stack delta files for queues calculated by Maintenance Optimizer. In fact, the EHP4 update is running right now with a queue I calculated shortly before or after my original post....

My question is specific to generating or obtaining the XML file representing the delta between the included media sets from the "6.0 / 7.01 EHP4 Ready" release of ERP (initial installation vs. EHP4 components). A note indicated the SP levels of a EHP4 Ready system should be comparable to EHP4 SPS2; however, the XML generated for that stack did not agree with early roadmaps in EHPI.

Thank you,

Zach

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Thank you for the note. Just for some clarification, is the "stack delta file" the technical name for the generated XML file? If >that is the case, then I've had zero problems generating stack delta files for queues calculated by Maintenance Optimizer. In >fact, the EHP4 update is running right now with a queue I calculated shortly before or after my original post....

>

Yes, stack delta file and stack xml file, both are same thing.

> My question is specific to generating or obtaining the XML file representing the delta between the included media sets from the >"6.0 / 7.01 EHP4 Ready" release of ERP (initial installation vs. EHP4 components). A note indicated the SP levels of a EHP4 >Ready system should be comparable to EHP4 SPS2; however, the XML generated for that stack did not agree with early >roadmaps in EHPI.

Difference between EHP4 Ready system and EHP4 system is, EHP4 Ready system has all netweaver components on 701 release where as all ERP components are on 600 release. That is the reason EHP4 Ready system is not for productive use. As far as EHP4 SPS2 is comparable to EHP4 Ready system, Its not true. You cannot compare a EHP4 SPS2 system with EHP4 Ready system.

When you upgrade a EHP4 ready system to EHP4 system then you usually take technical usage type which you will be going to use in the system. In order to upgrade a EHP4 Ready system to EHP4 level, component SAP_APPL and EA-APPL needs to upgrade to 604 level and if you are using any technical usage then you can upgrade them also.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)