cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Unit of Measure for a Material in SD delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ship 100 rolls of material, but by mistake in picking someone entered them as 100 kgs and it was invoiced that way.

Is it possible to block delivery or invoice for a particular unit of measure in a material?

Thank you,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the base unit of measure? If it not rolls, then in material master->sales;sales org1 view, you can enter sales unit as rolls.

Also the field sales unit not variable needs to be checked.

If the process more than one sale unit, like rolls, carton, then to restrict KGS, you must use user-exists.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all it was resolved with userexit and sales unit of measure in mm03

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guys

I can lock the sales order UOM, and gray out the field UOMin delivery so it wont change but users dont want to do it for the rest of materials

I tried in MM02 with rounding profile on sales org 1 with a dinamic rule set with method #1 but its not working, will check why

Guess will have to look on user exit

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1)create a BADI for sales order, while saving program has to check the Z table with MAINTAINCE VIEW - MATERIAL TYPE, UNIT OF MEASURE.

2) Maintain Material types or material group which need to be checked for UOM changes

If these conditions are satisfied the Sales order should be allowed to save else with error message " UOM chnages not allowed for this material in sales order.

hope this clears your query

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carlos,

This is NOT standard SAP behaviour. Please work with Userexit to control it.

There is field in delivery to put block for invoicing though ..which u can populate on the basis of custom logic.

Thx

Dilip Sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos, standard SAP provides a way of controlling delivery blocks but only via limited ways like via the Sales Document Type (VOV8 e.g. free-of-charge orders) or credit-limit check dependencies.

I think if you want to implement a delivery block for a particular unit of measure and it's a strong business-case,it would be possible via a user-exit implementation.

Hope this helps,

Eva