Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Communication Channel Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following scenario.

I would like to have dynamic Source/Target directories in Dev / QA / Prod using a combination of a variable(from a Z-table), System ID and Connection party

e.g Source File Directory would be "/INTERFACES/PRD/3RDPARTY" in Prod but "/INTERFACES/DEV/3RDPARTY" in Development

I understand I can manipulate the Integration Builder API to update these field but I want to do it using an ABAP proxy/RFC. i.e code in ABAP not java. Can somebody point me in the right direction or some sample code that I can have a look at.

I have seen this done before on a previous project but I did no manage to obtain any source code to look through or the steps invovled.

Any help would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI. Dynamically changing source folder for file sender channel is not possible, but you can pickup from different folders based on configuration done. Dynamically changing target folder for file receiver channel is possible (using variable substitution or Dynamic Configuration API).

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I have to disagree with you as I have seen it with my own eyes. On a previous project we executed ABAP programs which called Webservices with changed Source File directories on communication channels based on Z-table configuration in the respective systems. The problem is I cannot contact the programmer and am no longer at the client site to look at the code. I would like anyone who has experience in this to assist me or to possible where to start.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could be able to do it via communication channel web service call, from ABAP.

Have a look into this blog

/people/alessandro.frontini/blog/2008/10/20/using-the-communication-channel-web-service-with-abap-a-sample-report

Regards,

Francis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just what I wanted Francis. Thanks a lot! Point awarded for usefule/quick response