cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Axis adapter - problem with XML formatting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using SOAP Axis adapter on our scenario (because of NTLM authenticatiom) and faced a problem that some module in a module chain is pretty-formatting XML message (inserting newlines and spaces).

Receiving WebService is REALLY strict on format and doesn't allow spaces and newlines between XML elements.

Formatting is for sure done already in adapter as in sxmb_moni message is still one-liner.

After different tests this formatting is most likely done by XI30OutboundHandler.

Are there any parameters to prevent this formatting?

If there are no parameters, than maybe there is a standard module to remove this XML indentation?

Where I can found source code for XI30OutboundHandler to check how it is extracting payload from XI message?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to solve this probem with custom adapter module, but it is also didn't worked, as after XI30OutboundHandler module message is no longer in XI format and I can't get access to it with ModuleData methods.

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue on my side. I actually created a handler to remove linefeeds, carriage returns, and tabs and placed it after

xireqhandler.typejava:com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30OutboundHandler

in the module chain but am still getting an error response from the webservice that the request message  I am sending to them has linefeeds.

What this ever resolved? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, have you find a solution for this problem?

I've tried set the parameter “disablePrettyXML”, as mentioned in SAP note 1039369 (search for “disabling pretty XML”), but apparently it didn’t work too. Have you tried that?

I still get linefeeds and carriage return in the post requisition to the WebService.

Regards,

Ronaldo Schork.

Former Member
0 Kudos

or maybe there is a special option/handler for "Do not use SOAP envelope" classical SOAP's adapter functionality?