cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important- Long text syndication problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am trying to syndicate Material record to ECC but I am facing issue trying to send Long text data to ECC.

I have created Long text tuple fields namely:

Text Name

Text Object

Text Id

Longtext<EnglishUS>

On syndication I get error saying "You have not fully maintained the descriptions"

Please help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Do you have long text language(destination field) as default text to EN in your syndication map and also check try mapping long text directly to text value in your destination item instead of Long Text <English US> in your syndication map.

Check the tuple in MDM you have any blank record created.delete it if any and syndicate

Check the xml or idoc for any blank values in text id,text object may be a problem with lookup key mapping values.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have long text language(destination field) as default text to EN in your syndication map and also check try mapping long text directly to text value in your destination item instead of Long Text <English US> in your syndication map.

Check the tuple in MDM you have any blank record created.delete it if any and syndicate

Check the xml or idoc for any blank values in text id,text object may be a problem with lookup key mapping values.

SPRAS_ISO is set to EN by default

Text Id code is mapped to TDID

TextObject code is mapped to TDOBJECT

TextName is mapped to TDNAME

LongText<ENGLISHUS> is mapped to TDTEXTTYPE

I am still getting "Description is not fully maintained"

Please suggest whats wrong.

thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

ECC has limitation char(64) for text field length.

if you'd like to load long text string you can do it from ABAP for example.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka