Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Re-Deploying problems after making a few changes in SAP .Net Code

Hello,

Has there been a better solution to see SAP .Net project updates of lately?

The Scenario:

====================================================

My SAP .Net project built successfully before deploying to SAP env.

I deployed my project through Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 and that went okay.

I click "View in Portal", I can see the project displaying.

Then I make a couple of changes and re-build my project built successfully before deploying to SAP env.

Then I re-deployed my project and that supposedly went ok.

But when I click "View in Portal", I can't see the changes.

(I am using ...

SAP PDK 2.0,

SAP Servers are using SP16,

Microsoft .Net Studio 2003)

Here are other customers having the same problem.

===================================================

Target portal not affected by deploy/publish

<b>I recommend you restart the runtime after redeploying the runtime and let me know what happens.</b>

<u>This is a terrible resolution to tell the customer to re-start SAP's .Net runtime just to see the updated changes.</u>

Is SAP PDK for .NET unstable?

Former Member
replied

Hi Steve,

The proposed solution to re-start Portal Runtime for .NET solves the problem. By the way, the real reason why you need to restart the runtime application is the fact that during deploy you want to replace "old" dll with "new" one. If there is an application that is using "old" dll, you can't replace it until this application will stop use this dll. Regarding your remark: "This is a terrible resolution to tell the customer to re-start SAP's .Net runtime just to see the updated changes.", I am not sure that the solution is too bad for customers. Deploying of "par" file is a kind of installation. It is not so rare situation that you need to restart an application or in some cases even the computer after the installation. If I'll find another solution for this, I promise to update you.

Best Regards,

Rima.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question