Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element groups

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

In PS are transactions CJSG, KJH2, KJH3 to generate, edit and view WBS element groups. Ok I can add many different WBS elements to my group. But I have one question. Which parameters should I change in config or in other place to get possiblity to report costs from such group of WBS elements?

So I have WBS element group and I would like to see their costs in eg CJI3 for this group. How could I achive it?

Edited by: Adam Sobkowicz on Jan 25, 2011 3:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that's not possible. WBSE Groups are not meant to be used in cost reports.

I don't know your scenario but you could use multiple selection for WBS element field and save it as variant.

Regards

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry mforman I think you are not right.

WBS elements groups are one of the type of Master Data Groups. Other are eg. CCtr groups etc.

As I found on help.sap.com

You can use master data groups in different areas (analysis, planning, allocation).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/08/51448a43b511d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

I have found information that WBS elemetn groups can be used in Report Writer as a set or probably a variable. I didn't tested this in that manner. But probably this is possible.

Could you tell me what is other reason to create WBS element groups ?

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok mforman

I understand what you are talking about

But I didn't ask about grouping WBS element but I asked about WBS element groups. This is a big diffrence.

But thank you for your answer and time

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use WBE group:

in cost element/SKF planning, by inserting it in the selection screen;

in reallocation cycles, as sender/receiver;

in reporting, for reports belonging to library 6P2.

About the last point, you can't use it for hierarchical reports, i.e. for reports belonging to library 6P3 (hierarchical) or for line item reports.

I hope it helps you.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adam,

I am new to SAP and I am facing a similar issue as you have mentioned in this thread. If you have found a solution for how to use the WBS Element group in the cost report please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ravi.C

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

you can't use it for hierarchical reports, i.e. for reports belonging to library 6P3 (hierarchical) or for line item reports.

may be you can use the functionality of dynamic selection by project type, by maintaining same project type in all WBSE to be grouped together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> may be you can use the functionality of dynamic selection by project type, by maintaining same project type in all WBSE to be grouped together.

this would give the right report only under the assumption that the Project Type used by the WBSE group under consideration is not shared by ANY other WBSE.

i think report painter/writer would be the only option to be able to use WBS element groups in the Cost reports.

Thanks and Regards