SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data to POS DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to go with POS DM but client does not have XI(PI) license. From POS we will extract data in flat files. i'm new in retail and have few questions:

1.)How to load data in POS DM without XI(PI)?

2.)Will i need 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS, 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL for this goals?

3.)Where store data before going to R3 by idocs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To Load Pos transactions in POSDM u can use Tr code : /POSDW/XMLI

Kind Regards

Amitava

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To Load Pos transactions in POSDM u can use Tr code : /POSDW/XMLI

Kind Regards

Amitava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amitava_Mitra

I extracted wpubon01 schema from we60, in we21 made port for loading XML, mapped XML from POS and tried to load it using transaction /POSDW/XMLI. At moment of loading XML to POS DM at /POSDW/XMLI, i have error:

What happened?

The exception '/POSDW/CX_XML_TRANSFORM_ERROR' was raised, but it was not caught

anywhere along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program '/POSDW/SAPLCONVERSION_XML'

has to be

terminated.

Can you say me what i'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos

Sergej,

transaction /POSDW/XMLI is a Test function in order to load data into the POS Workbench. It is not an interface that thought to be used in production and is not supported for that purpose.

Instead of the /POSDW/XMLI you should use the BAPI **** or the corresponding IDoc *****.

If you bring your data in to POS DM via flatfiles you need to create your own conversion program in order to convert the data from the POS specific flat file format to the POS DM specific format.

Regards Carsten

0 Kudos

Hello Carsten

Your answer is very helpful for me. But i still have few questions about loading data to POS DM. As i understand i can use this ways to load data to POS DM. Is that right?

1.)Create idocs (WTUBON...) in POS and send it to POS DM.

2.)Use converter for mapping and send data with /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE module.

3.)Create abap program that will load POS flat files and convert them to POS DM format.

Best regards, Sergey