SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Z-Table data

peter_podgorsek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a Z table which i have to fill with legacy data.

If I add a new avtom. structure based on my Z table to a PARTNER mig. object for example it works. With every partner I may add entry(s) to my Z table ...but... I do not want to load my Z table in a same migration with b.partners since it has nothing to do with b.partners. I just want to load my Z table with my legacy data in a separate migration.

I see its possible to create a custom mig. object in two ways:

1.With recording: i created a transaction to edit/add data in my z table in se93 with sm30 and recorded - it doesnt work - i get an error at saving my recording saying: "...could not be created due to an internal error" - with no further detail available.

2.With custom BAPI function: since its a z table i have to write a custom BAPI and this is out of scope of my ABAP knowlage. To wait for a collage to do this next week is a baaad option. (btw: im not an abap developer)

...is there any other way just a simple workaround to bypass custom BAPI creation. I don't understand: if it works with an existing mig. objects why shoud i have to create a bapi and from that a mig object.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Please have a look at thread with a link to the document Guidelines IS Migration Workbench. I think you could easily adapt one of the code examples to your needs. I believe that nobody could possibly tell you more than this.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Please have a look at thread with a link to the document Guidelines IS Migration Workbench. I think you could easily adapt one of the code examples to your needs. I believe that nobody could possibly tell you more than this.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

OK I wrote a FM for my z-table. Custom Mig. Object is successfully created based on my FM.

I am able to successfully import a table entry (I can see new data in the table) but I get an error message anyway:

"EM105 - The new IS-U key is unknown."

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by: Peter on Jan 26, 2011 5:14 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

As described in the Guidelines ISMW (chapter 3.4) you just need to change the RETURN field on the migration object maintenance screen of your object to DB_UPDATE.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ! It works - of course

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you mentioned that you are having issues waiting for the abaper .

You can take an alternative route if it suits you :

1. Create a recording of SM30 with the view inw which you want to enter data to with LSMW .

2. Use that recoding to upload data to your Z table , it will work .

ensure the following before processing :

1. The table has got a table maintainence generator , else in SM30 it will not work .

2. in settings of table : table view maintainence allowed is selected in delivary and maintainence .

Revert back if still having issues .

Regards ,

Dewang T