cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve Stocks for the Sales Order created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to reserve the order qty for the material and this reserved qty should NOT be allocated to any other sales order, even if this order for which stocks have been blocked has NOT been delievered on the delivery due date.

Can you please tell me what setting i need to do in OVZ9 for my "02 & A" & "02 & B" combination.

Also at any other place do i need to maintain any other settings or what....

Thanks in advance......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you already indicated, the control is in OVZ9. There if you tick the box "Include Sales reqmts", as and when you create a sale order, stock will be reserved against that and cannot be diverted to any other sale order unless you delete the preceding sale order.

Similarly, for delivery if you tick the box "Include delivery", whenever you generate a delivery and save without doing PGI, the stock will be reserved against that delivery. Here also, it cannot be diverted to any other sale order or delivery.

But practically, reserving stock against sale order is not a recommended practice due to the fact that Marketing will dump with dummy orders and cannot be diverted to genuine requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply.

Just to clarify do i need to tick " Include Deliveries" in Sales order availability check and "Include Sales Reqt" in Delivery availability check also or it will kept blank....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

02 & A - Tick for "Include Sales reqmts"

02 & B - Tick for "Include Deliveries"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend to tick both in both the combinations.

In OVZ9 - for combination 02 &A - Check both include sales requirements and include deliveries

also for combination 02&A-Check both include sales requirements and include deliveries.

Regards,

former_member714656
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Lakshmi sir

as per your comment the control is in OVZ9. There if you tick the box "Include Sales reqmts", as and when you create a sale order, stock will be reserved against that and cannot be diverted to any other sale order unless you delete the preceding sale order.

Similarly, for delivery if you tick the box "Include delivery", whenever you generate a delivery and save without doing PGI, the stock will be reserved against that delivery. Here also, it cannot be diverted to any other sale order or delivery.

But i have ticked both but still user is able to create delivery even after one delivery exist

we run MTO scenario requirement type KE .please guide me what config i have missed

Regards,

Mayank Malpani